Deadline: 4 January 2013 for International Relations, Medical Science and Philosophy, 18 January 2013 for all other subjects
Open to: Exceptional graduate students and young professionals with demonstrated leadership potential and a commitment to public service, from Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, the Caucasus, Russia, Central Asia, North Africa and the Middle East
Scholarship: includes 100% of university and college fees and a grant covering living costs
The Weidenfeld Scholarships and Leadership Programme, run by the Institute for Strategic Dialogue, provides outstanding graduate students and young professionals with the opportunity to pursue fully-funded graduate studies at the University of Oxford. The scholarship is complemented by a comprehensive programme of leadership skills development.
Two courses are covered:
- The Weidenfeld-Roland Berger Scholarship – scheme supports five postgraduate students per annum with the objective of promoting human rights and human dignity across a range of fields. It is envisioned that recipients will contribute more effectively in their professional lives to advancing these objectives in their countries and regions of origin.
- The Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships – scheme supports five postgraduate students per annum and is offered to exceptional scholars devoting their studies and professional careers to international development or environmental management and conservation. These studies encompass a number of subjects offered in Oxford University’s School of Geography and Environment and Department of International Development.
The scholarships are open to:
- Exceptional graduate students and young professionals with demonstrated leadership potential and a commitment to public service in their countries and regions of origin.
- Students from the following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Georgia, Hungary, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Mongolia, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Oman, Palestinian Authority, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Western Sahara, Yemen.
- English language requirements: if your first language is not English you must supply suitable evidence that you have reached the relevant higher or standard level before any offer of a place can be confirmed. The University recognizes only certain English tests, full language requirements you can check here
- 100% of university and college fees and a grant covering living costs (the rate in 2012-13 was £13,590)
- The Scholarships and Leadership Programme also includes a comprehensive programme of leadership development, long-term mentoring and networking
How to apply?
Read the Application Guide before applying
To apply you have to register here
Apply at the same time as you apply to Oxford by selecting Weidenfeld Scholarships and Leadership Scheme in the Funding Section of the University’s Graduate Application Form.
You must also complete a Weidenfeld Scholarship Questionnaire and upload it together with your Graduate Application Form by the application deadline in order for your application to be complete.
There are 2 deadlines:
- 4 January 2013 for International Relations, Medical Science and Philosophy
- 18 January 2013 for all other subjects
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in an interview in late April 2013.
For further details visit the official website