Deadline: 19 November, 2012
Open to: women’s rights leaders (both men and women) working in organizations based in the economic global South
Venue: March 25-31, 2013 in Kathmandu, Nepal; August 26-31, 2013 in Dhaka; Bangladesh
Programme on Women’s Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (PWESCR) is accepting applications from developing countries to participate in the Leadership Institute in Women’s Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, an annual leadership development programme for women’s rights leaders (both men and women) working in organizations based in the economic global South.
There will be two annual leadership Institutes in 2013 followed by a Training of Trainers (TOT) and a Regional Feminist Forum in the 3rd year. The 2013 Leadership Institute will be conducted in two phases:
- Phase 1: March 25-31, 2013 in Kathmandu, Nepal
- Phase 2: August 26-31, 2013 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Participants must have some knowledge of gender and human rights
- They must have some experience and skills in conducting women’s rights trainings
- They must have an institutional base in the region that works to promote human rights and has ESCR as a part of their agenda
- They must be in a key leadership position in their organizations and must have their organization’s endorsement to be part of the Leadership Institute and to implement their action projects.
- The Institute is open to both men and women, recognizing a need to bring more women into ESCR, women are given a preference
- Preference is also given to those working with indigenous, disabilities, dalits, migrants and other minority and socially excluded groups
- National human rights institution staff, policy makers, journalists and lawyers can also participate in the Institute
- Participants must have proficiency in written and spoken English
- Registration fee: USD 200 (Euro 150)
- The total programme fee: USD 500 (Euro 400)
- Category A – 50 % Programme fees and travel expenses for Phase 2
- Category B – 50 % Programme fees and travel expenses for Phase 1 and 2
- Category C – 100 % Programme fees
- Category D – 100 % Programme fees and travel expenses for Phase 2
- Category E – 100 % Programme fees and travel expenses for Phase 1 and 2
How to apply?
- For the application form click here
- The deadline to submit applications is 19 November 2012.
- Final selection of the participants will be announced by December 15th, 2012.
For more information write to email@example.com
For a list of potential donors click here
One thought on “PWESCR’s Leadership Institutes in Nepal and Bangladesh”
Thanks for this great opportunity. Though aspirations and resources are not so friendly in my newly existing organization, I will do the most I can to be part of this awesome opportunity. I am just so sure the outcome will enrich my output especially as a young trainer on Gender peace and security.