Deadline: 15 December, 2012
Open to: students from all around the world
Venue: University of Cologne, Germany, March 13 -14, 2013
The “World Business Dialogue” is the world’s largest student-run business convention. Here, 60 top-class personalities from economy, science and politics enter a discussion about economically and socially relevant, future-oriented topics with 300 international students and just as many executives, notably from German companies. For 25 years, Cologne University is converted into a convention centre for the economic elite for two days. Also known under its former title “Deutscher Wirtschaftskongress”, the World Business Dialogue will once again take place in March 2012 for the 15th time.
The World Business Dialogue’s singularity and relevance are supported by a large number of well-known speakers that have participated in past conventions; among these are Josef Ackermann, CEO of Deutsche Bank, Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft, and Michael Bloomberg, governing mayor of New York, who made use of the convention as a platform for discussion and exchange and appreciated the student’s commitment.
Through the “World Business Dialogue”, student participants have the unique opportunity to approach representatives of the global economy and to establish contact with motivated fellow students from around the world.
To participate as one of 300 international Students inthe World Business Dialogue you have to apply and register here
The deadline is 15 December, 2012.
The participation fee for the World Business Dialogue is 50 Euros for all students studying in Germany, Austria or Switzerland at the time of the convention and 100 Euros for all students studying in other European countries as well as for those who study outside Europe at the time of the convention and it is mandatory.
- The Dialogue Scholarship will cover your travel expenses and therefore financially support your journey to Germany.
- The Dialogue Scholarship covers your travelling expenses from a major airport/train station to Cologne, Düsseldorf or Frankfurt.
- In order to qualify for a Dialogue Scholarship interpret the 16th World Business Dialogue’s topic in a creative way. Write an essay, a poem or a song. Make a video, draw a picture or take photos.
- Please send an e-mail to [email protected] and attach your application. Make sure you mention the username you used for the application procedure.
- Be creative and get your ticket to Cologne for free. However, do not forget that your videos, essay etc. are subject to the following restrictions. If the restrictions are not incorporated the application for a Dialogue Scholarship becomes invalid.
Selected Students the opportunity to participate in our Pre-Dialogue. The Organizers will support Participants to prepare for the discussions and ensure them an active role at the convention.
The Pre-Dialogue starts at the end of January. To begin with the preparation, we all Participants will be divided into small groups and open a virtual online-room (e.g. facebook group), where the Participants can meet. Every group will get a topic-related case or question the group moderator will introduce. This case or question needs to be discussed until March 11th. Here the groups will meet face-to-face for the first time in Germany and finalize their work.
Every group is supposed to prepare a creative 10 Minute presentation, which they will hold at the World Business Dialogue itself.
Become a Dialogue Ambassador, become part of the Organization Process and execute your very own Marketing strategy.
Your Advantages (engaged and succesfull collaboration assumed):
- Assured Dialogue Participation with Ambassador Status (accomodation, provisions, travel costs inclusive, Ambassador Welcome Party with National Ambassador
- Meaninful Certificate
- Individual support by the International Relations team
- Exclusive Workshop Participation.
- Lecture Hall Presentation
- Spread Informationmaterial
- Open up university-info channels
- Oragnization of Information-evenings
- Frequent Contact to the International Relation Team
Send the following Documents (PDF) until 05/31/2012 to [email protected]
- Letter of Motivation max. 400 Words
Why I would like to become an Ambassador?
What I plan to do as an Ambassador?
Your ideas,visions, …
- Curriculum Vitae
- Study Certificate
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the International Relations Team:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0221/92 18 26 56
Dialogue Student Awards
Every application received will be taken through an elaborate application process in which elements of professionalism, quality and creativity are evaluated. The OFW e.V. will select the top 300 outstanding applicants by their submitted application package.
The outstanding selection committee will select the best application from a preselection chosen by the OFW. The final student that has his/her application chosen will receive the Student Award and a special prize.
For more detailed information visit the official website