Open to: students from non-EU/EEA countries enrolled in a higher education programme
Scholarship: vary from full to partial tuition and living stipends
Danish higher education institutions receive a limited number of government scholarships each year to fund highly qualified full-degree students from non-EU/EEA countries and Switzerland.
The scholarships are administered by the Danish institutions of higher education, each of which decides which students will receive a scholarship. For further information about the government scholarship, please consult the admission details of the higher education institution of your choice.
Please note: The government scholarship consists of two parts and can be given as full or partial tuition fee waivers and/or grants towards covering your living costs. However, since the scholarships are administered by the individual higher education institution you should inquire at the institution of your choice for further details.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship you must be:
- A citizen of a country outside the EU, the European Economic Area or Switzerland
- Enrolled in a full degree higher education programme
- Granted a time-limited residence permit in Denmark due to education
You are not eligible for a Danish government scholarship if you are:
- Seeking admission to a university level institution of arts, design and architecture
- Have a legal claim to the rights of Danish citizens
- Have been granted a residence permit at the time of admission by the Danish Aliens Consolidations Act §9c, subsection 1, as the child of a foreign citizen who has been granted a residence permit in accordance with the Danish Aliens Consolidations Act §9a, and who is a citizen of a country that is not acceded to the EU or covered by the EEA agreement
- A student who is eligible for a grant in accordance with Danish Law regarding the State Education Fund
Application deadlines vary for the individual universities and higher education institutions. Please consult the list HERE and find contact information from the links available there. Deadlines vary, so check as soon as possible.