Deadline: 1 February, 2013
Open to: professional visual/media artists, art theorists, art critics, and curators from all over the world
Fellowship: a grant of EUR 3,150 to cover the costs of living during the period of residency in Innsbruck; a production budget for the realization of the proposed project plus couple of other benefits
Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen invites visual and media artists, art critics, theorists, and curators to apply for a fellowship in 2013–2014. Candidates can apply for one semester (September 30, 2013 – February 14, 2014 or February 17, 2014 – June 27, 2014). The fellowship can be split across two semesters.
Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen is a post-graduate center for production, research, exchange in the fields of visual arts and art theory.
With its Fellowship Program for Art and Theory, Büchsenhausen promotes internationally relevant artistic production, research, and discussion in the region of Tyrol. The program is based on the idea of generating and maintaining a context for production and discussion, in which artists and theorists can connect and reflect on international art and societal discourses in relation to local topics and issues. At the same time, it affords the opportunity for an artistic laboratory of experimentation, where new artistic practices and strategies may be tried out.
The program’s aims are:
- to promote and relay a critical, socially relevant production of knowledge in art and art theory;
- to produce, through the fellowship projects, qualified discourses on art and society within the local and global contexts;
- to enable the transfer of knowledge between the field of art and other publics outside the art context;
- to facilitate the exchange between cultural producers in the visual arts and beyond (creating a network of experts).
Professional visual/media artists, art theorists, art critics, and curators from all over the world are eligible for the fellowship.
- a grant of EUR 3,150 to cover the costs of living during the period of residency in Innsbruck;
- an individual studio for working and living, furnished with a large shared kitchen;
- a production budget for the realization of the proposed project;
- a budget for inviting experts to Büchsenhausen for the purpose of professional exchange;
- the opportunity of a group exhibition at the end of the fellowship at the Kunstpavillon or Neue Galerie in Innsbruck.
How to apply?
Applications are to be written in English or German.
Applications must include the following documents:
- the project proposal (max 2,000 words, 3 copies)
- a visual portfolio/documentation of recent works (artists: max 2 catalogs, max 10 photos, 1 DVD or 1 CD-ROM; theorists/art critics: max 3 recent writing samples)
- a curriculum vitae (3 copies)
- the printed confirmation e-mail of the filled electronic application form
The electronic application form can be found here
The address to which the applications must be posted is:
Ref.: “Fellowship 2013-14”
Closing date for submissions (postmark): February 1st, 2013
For additional information, please contact: [email protected]
phone +43 512 278627, fax -11.