Deadline: 28 February, 2013
Open to: candidates with University Degree, preferably in Engineering, Geophysics, Physics, Economics or similar and English proficiency
Scholarship: there are three different types of scholarships available for the highest ranking applicants covering: 1.Living expenses + accommodation and tuition fee waivers, 2.Accommodation and tuition fee waivers, 3.Tuition fee waivers
The 2013/2014 edition of the new Masters Programme in Risk and Emergency Management (REM) is being offered by the Understanding and Managing Extremes (UME) Graduate School of the IUSS Pavia to train graduates and professionals in the assessment, mitigation and management of extreme events, with a particular focus on those arising from natural hazards.
The unique characteristics of the programme include the broad, interdisciplinary curriculum that includes topics of statistics and probability, law, economics, resource management, natural hazards and risk, finance, insurance, sociology, communication, psychology, public health and medicine, and the innovative teaching structure which allows renowned lecturers from around the world to make up the teaching body.
The minimum requirement to apply for the REM Programme is a University Degree, preferably in Engineering, Geophysics, Physics, Economics or similar. Professional experience in risk assessment, mitigation or management will be favourably evaluated.
With respect to English proficiency, applicants are asked to submit any documents attesting that they possess adequate proficiency of English language. Such documents may consist of:
- a score of at least 88 (internet-based exam), 230 (computer-based exam), 570 (paper-based exam) in the TOEFL test;
- a score of 6 or more obtained with IELTS;
- a degree obtained in an English speaking environment;
- other test scores that may be regarded as equivalent to those listed above.
The participating costs of the 18-month Masters Programme are 9,000 Euro.
For the 2013/2014 academic year, there are three different types of scholarships available for the highest ranking applicants:
- Living expenses + accommodation and tuition fee waivers
- Accommodation and tuition fee waivers
- Tuition fee waivers
Interested applicants are asked to register with the IUSS online application system using a valid email address.
In order to complete the application form you must upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum
- Copy of diploma certificate(s) (in Italian or English)
- Transcript of attended courses and professional qualifications (in Italian or English)
- Copy of passport or national identity card
- English language test certificate (or waiver referring to previous courses, work experience in English speaking countries, etc.)
Once you have finished providing all the requested data, you can ‘Submit your Application’. Please note that once you have submitted your application you will no longer be able to make changes.
The applications for the academic year 2013/2014 will close on February 28, 2013,
For more detailed information about the application process visit this link