Deadline: 5 February, 2013
Open to: candidates with degree in journalism, political sciences, European affairs or equivalent, with excellent command of English and knowledge of EU affairs
Remuneration: up to 800 euro
Inclusion Europe – an association of people with intellectual disabilities and their families seeks a Policy Communications Trainee for the office based in Brussels. The successful candidate is expected to start as soon as possible and the experience shall last for six months.
About the Inclusion Europe
Inclusion Europe has an outstanding record of representing people with intellectual disabilities and their families organised in member societies in almost all European countries. The association works in close contact with the European Parliament, the European Commission, the Council of Europe, European disability organisations, national governments, service providers and researchers. Inclusion Europe works with a small multinational team whose working language is English.
- To produce and edit features for Inclusion Europe’s information tools (online Journal, website, newsletter, specific publications).
- Supervise the production and dissemination of ‘Europe for us’ and e-Include newsletter
- Participation in the preparation of various publications and events of Inclusion Europe
- Participation in external meetings with different European institutions and organisations, and drafting related reports and articles.
- Participation in drafting responses to European consultations
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Degree in journalism, political sciences, European affairs or equivalent
- Knowledge of EU affairs and demonstrated interest in human rights advocacy
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written. Additional languages are an asset.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally, excellent drafting skills.
- Ability to assimilate and process information on a wide variety of issues and for a wide variety of audiences.
- Appropriate computer skills (Microsoft Office package). Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) and/or other relevant software and programs including interactive web 2.0 tools, audio and video is an asset.
- Motivated learner with a good eye for detail
The contract will be governed by the Belgian law on “professional immersion” and will provide the successful candidate with a net income of up to 800 € per month.
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting a detailed CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by 5 February 2013. The interviews will be held in the week of 11 th February.