Deadline: 8 February, 2013
Open to: candidates with a PhD in economics or related subjects and relevant experience in empirical work , familiar with international trade theory, fluent in English
Fellowship: total amount of euro 58,110 (euro 19,370 per year)
The School of International Studies of the University of Trento offers a post-doc position for 3 years starting in March 2013.
The position is attached to a research project titled “The global virtual-water network: social, economic, and environmental implications”.
The main goal of the research project will be the analysis of the patterns of international flows of “virtual water”. Specific attention will be devoted to the study the various restrictions (geographic, social, cultural, economic and legal) that may influence international virtual water trade and thus account for the limited ability of standard international trade models to explain the flows of water-intensive agricultural products.
- holds a PhD in economics or related subjects;
- is familiar with international trade theory;
- has experience in empirical work (especially in the field of international trade or natural resource economics);
- has good working knowledge of the most common statistical softwares (eg. Stata, Matlab, R);
- is familiar with the most relevant legal/regulatory aspects concerning trade of agricultural products and water use;
- is fluent in English (knowledge of Italian, although desirable, is not required).
- applicants from outside the European Union must be eligible to work in Italy
The total amount of the fellowship is euro 58,110 (euro 19,370 per year)
How to apply
Application form can be found here
All candidates must include the following documents in their application:
- a CV demonstrating they possess the qualifications relevant to the research project
- any publications, testimonials and qualifications demonstrating the candidate’s suitability for the project (include a list of qualifications and publications, signed and dated);
- a piece of research (e.g. an article, working paper, chapter from a doctoral thesis) representing the candidate’s research profile;
- a photocopy of their ID card, or other recognized form of identification;
- (optional) two letters of recommendation from experts in their field, either university staff or members of national or international research organizations.
Applications, addressed to the Director of the School of International Studies must be sent by mail or email to:
mail adress: Domanda di partecipazione al bando di selezione per Assegno di Ricerca decreto n. 8/2013/SSIn dd. 11.01.2013 Scuola di Studi Internazionali
UFFICIO PROTOCOLLO CENTRALE
Università degli Studi di Trento
Via Belenzani, 12 – 38122 TRENTO (Italy)
The deadline for applying is February 8th, 2013