Deadline: 10 February, 2013
Open to: doctoral students and young doctors
Grants: the funds will cover accommodation during the Conference, from 21nd May to the 24th May 2013
11th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (PAAMS 13) will take place at the University of Salamca in Spain between 22nd-24th May, 2013
The BISITE research group of the University of Salamanca, organiser of PAAMS 2013, offers 40 grants/awards to facilitate the attendance to doctoral students and young doctors both to the event itself (including Workshops and Special Sessions) and to the parallel collocated events.
About the Conference
Research on Agents and Multi-Agent Systems has matured during the last decade and many effective applications of this technology are now deployed. PAAMS provides an international forum to present and discuss the latest scientific developments and their effective applications, to assess the impact of the approach, and to facilitate technology transfer.
PAAMS started as a local initiative, but has since grown to become The international yearly platform to present, to discuss, and to disseminate the latest developments and the most important outcomes related to real-world applications. It provides a unique opportunity to bring multi-disciplinary experts, academics and practitioners together to exchange their experience in the development and deployment of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems.
PAAMS intends to bring together researchers and developers from industry and the academic world to report on the latest scientific and technical advances on the application of multi-agent systems, to discuss and debate the major issues, and to showcase the latest systems using agent based technology. It will promote a forum for discussion on how agent-based techniques, methods, and tools help system designers to accomplish the mapping between available agent technology and application needs. Other stakeholders should be rewarded with a better understanding of the potential and challenges of the agent-oriented approach.
Doctoral students and young doctors are eligible to apply.
- 40 grants/awards are offered.
- The funds will cover accommodation from 21nd May to the 24th May 2013 (arrival 21st May and departure 25th May). The accommodation will be in a residence or hotel.
- Each grant recipient shall receive a diploma.
How to apply
Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following information:
- Subject: GRANT PAAMS 2013
- text Body: First name, Last name, Affiliation, indicate whether you are a doctor or doctoral student.
- Attach a PDF file with the following information:
- Last name
- First Name
- National Identity Number (or passport)
- Postal address, including Post Code, Telephone (mobile if possible), email and URL.
- University / Centre
- Research group
- Thesis director
- Thesis title (presented or in – tentative – development)
- Titles and authors of articles sent to PAAMS 2013 (including Workshops and Special Sessions – Please indicate the name of the Workshop/Special Session for each article)
- Titles of articles accepted by PAAMS 2013 (including Workshops and Special Sessions – Please indicate the name of the Workshop/Special Session for each article).
- Titles and authors of articles sent to the collocated events (DCAI’13, ISAMI’13, PACBB’13, ebTel’13 – Please indicate the name of the Colocated Event for each article)
- Titles of articles accepted by the collocated events (DCAI’13, ISAMI’13, PACBB’13, ebTel’13 – Please indicate the name of the Colocated Event for each article)
- Other information. Include information considered relevant for supporting the grant/award request in terms of evaluation criteria described in Section
Applicants should be registered for the PAAMS 2013 event in which they have publications accepted.
The requests will only be accepted between the 4th and the 10th February 2013. The applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of the request within 24 hours. On the 27th February 2013 applicants will be informed of the results of their request.
For more details visit this link