Deadline: 25 February 2013
Open to: social science researchers, scholars and policy-makers
Venue: 18-20 April 2013, Belgrade, Serbia
International Interdisciplinary Conference “MIND THE GAP – FAMILY SOCIALISATION AND GENDER” is organised by Centre for Ethics, Law and Applied Philosophy in partnership with Institute for Philosophy and Social Theory, University of Belgrade within the project “Gender Perspectives in Family Socialisation”; supported by Regional Research Promotion Program ⁞ Western Balkans.
The main idea is to bring together scholars, researchers, policy makers and activists from various disciplines and open up spaces for possible critical issues in the study of family, gender, role of the early-age educational system and connection between media and value system in South-East European countries.
The conference focuses on several key research challenges:
- The relationship between new equality regimes and continued educational inequalities – Using multidisciplinary structure in gender research
- Problems and solutions relating to data collection, data analysis and research design in studies of gender in all social disciplines
- Gender and the Social Environment: Context and Experiences
- Influencing Policies – Emerging paths in mainstreaming gender in national policy frameworks.
The Conference is open to social science researchers, scholars and policy-makers.
- Contributors from Western Balkans are eligible to apply for reimbursement of travel costs.
- Accommodation expenses and other conference costs are covered fully by organizers.
How to apply
Interested contributors should send a short one-page CV and max 300-word abstract of a paper, or a max 500 word proposal of a session/panel discussion/ or to suggest another activity to format to [email protected] AND [email protected] by 25 February 2013.
Individuals, coming from organizations, policy makers, education institutes and institutions,healthcare system, and NGOs, interested in participating in a discussion round and action research about gender issues in Serbia should send their short biographies (one page) to [email protected] AND [email protected] by 25th February 2013.
For more details see the Official Call