Deadline: 31 March 2013
Open to: individuals, private businesses, NGOs and other organizations having implemented an initiative related to nutrition, water or rural development in low to middle income countries
Prize: up to CHF 500 000 (approx. USD 530 000) to scale up or replicate his initiative.
Entries are invited for The Nestlé Prize in Creating Share Value, which is is designed to recognize the development of an outstanding innovation or project in the areas of Water, Nutrition or Rural Development that:
- has proven its worth on a pilot or small-scale basis.
- Is judged to be feasible on a broad-scale basis or replicable in other settings or communities.
- Has high promise of having a social impact, through either improving access to nutrition, improving rural development, or having a significant impact on water management or access to clean water.
- Is built on a sound and viable business model.
Fields of achievement include, but are not limited to: agriculture including plant and animal husbandry; management of natural resources; food science and technology; food fortification; nutrition education; water management and distribution; water & sanitation, etc.
You can read the informational flyer HERE.
The Prize is awarded every two years and helps innovative, commercially viable, and high impact initiatives achieve social scale and financial sustainability. The Laureate receives an investment of up to CHF 500 000 (approx. USD 530 000) to scale up or replicate his initiative.
The Nestlé Prize in Creating Shared Value is awarded every other year. The winner is selected by the Nestlé Creating Shared Value Advisory Board and is presented with the award at the Creating Shared Value Forum.
The Nestlé Prize in Creating Shared Value is open to individuals, private businesses, not-for-profit organisations, governmental and inter-governmental organisations as well as academic institutions having implemented an initiative related to nutrition, water or rural development.
Specific fields of activity include, but are not limited to:
- Nutrition – Improving access to food and nutrition; food fortification and technology; nutrition education programmes; innovations in health care; etc.
- Water – Improving access to clean water; protection and conservation of water resources; wastewater management; water, sanitation and hygiene; etc.
- Rural development – Developing local agricultural value chains and integrating smallholder farmers in the supply chain; sustainable agriculture; agricultural extension services, etc.
Applicants may be based in any country of the world. However, the initiative must be implemented in a low or middle income country (i.e. all countries and territories, except European Union members, Andorra, Australia, Bahrain, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Greenland, Hong Kong, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates and the United States).
Nominations must be submitted, in English, by 31 March 2013 (23.00 GMT). Nominate an innovative, commercially viable and high impact initiative in the area of nutrition, water or rural development and help it achieve social scale and financial sustainability.
See the official website HERE for more information.