Deadline: 20 May 2013
Open to: young and motivated leaders and entrepreneurs under 29
Venue: 8-9 October 2013, Helsinki, Finland
The international workshop will take place in Helsinki on 8-9 October 2013 and envisions to strengthen youth social entrepreneurial skills and entrepreneurial networking among promising young leaders and young entrepreneurs under 29 years old. The event will also serve to set the preparations to the global WNYLE initiative “1 Billion to Believe in Us”.
- Nurture and solidify democratic leadership and socially responsible entrepreneurial skills among youth participants.
- Enhance networking, multicultural awareness, exchange of best-practices and further cooperation among youth with focus on the issue of democratic leadership and socially responsible entrepreneurship.
- Promote the implementation of joint youth socially responsible entrepreneurial and leadership initiatives among youth participants.
- At the end of the workshop youth participants will have improved their entrepreneurial capabilities, developed and agreed to put in motion a one year action plan.
- Major sessions of the workshop will be uploaded in the website of the workshop.
We welcome the participation of talented youth based on the following criteria:
- Aged up to 29 years old
- Eager to enhance your skills as a young leader or young entrepreneur
- Motivated to replicate the acquired knowledge in your country and positively improve society
- Reasonable level of English (the workshop will be held in English language)
The secretariat will select and fund the participation of 50 talented youth from the following nationalities:
- 10 participants from Finland
- 6 participants from Sweden
- 6 participants from Norway
- 6 participants from Denmark
- 6 participants from Greenland
- 4 participants from Iceland
- 4 participants from Faroe Islands
- 2 participants from Latvia
- 2 participants from Estonia
- 2 participants from Lithuania
- 2 participants from North-west Russia
The international workshop is free or charge to all selected participants.
Selected youth participants will get a grant that is to cover:
- Economic Round-trip air ticket up to 300 Euro
- For participants of Greenland and Faroe Islands Round-trip air ticket support will be up to 1,000 Euro
- Daily Allowance 40 Euro per day
- Train ticket up to 150 Euros (In case of Finnish participants and participants coming from North-West Russia)
- Round-trip air ticket and train expenses will be reimbursed against the submission of the original of the air-ticket and boarding passes.
- Daily allowance will be paid in cash during registration.
- Accommodation will be provided free of charge to selected participants.
Youth participants from other nationalities are also encouraged to apply for financial support. At this time, our secretariat is exploring funding support to participants from other nationalities including youth participants from developing countries, if successful we will announce it in our web site. Please check our site regularly.
Application is possible in two ways:
- With the recommendation of a youth related organization
Youth-driven organizations such as universities, youth councils, youth clubs, youth associations, etc are entitled to recommend up to two participants (preferably 1 youth male and 1 youth female). Nominations shall be signed by the director of the youth organization or teacher in charge (in case of schools and universities). The nomination shall be sent in a letter (free form) by e- mail in PDF format clearly highlighting why the candidate must be selected to participate and benefit from the workshop.
- Via an individual application
Youth participants may also apply on an individual basis. In this case a letter (free form) shall be submitted by the candidate highlighting why he or she should be selected to participate in the international workshop, include the contact details of a reference (i.e. a school teacher, director of youth organization, etc) and any supporting material that proof his/her leadership or entrepreneurial potential.
In both cases organizational nominations and individual applications shall clearly state the following data of the applicant: full name, nationality, birth date, age, recent photo in passport format, postal address, telephone number, email address, affiliation and major achievements particularly in relation to the leadership and entrepreneurial potential.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to:
International Workshop on Youth Innovative Social Entrepreneurship 2013
Tampere 33200, Finland
Fax +358 207001306
email: [email protected]
or online by filling in the Online Application Form available here (scroll down to the bottom of the page).
Applications must be received by 20 May 2013, 12 am. Selected participants will be notified by 01 April 2013 by e-mail. Among selected participants the secretariat will also invite those applicants with the most innovative initiatives to present and share their leadership or entrepreneurial case during the international workshop.