Deadline: 26 April 2013 (10 April 2013 for applicants to the other grants offered HERE)
Open to: young artists and emerging curators from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and the Slovak Republic
Scholarship: room and board, travel expenses and the participation fee for the course are covered
ERSTE Foundation offers four fellowships for young artists and four fellowships for emerging curators from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and the Slovak Republic to take part in a course of their choice at the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2013.
Every summer more than 300 students from more than 40 countries worldwide work in some 20 classes on art projects at the Salzburg Summer Academy of Fine Arts. The Academy is distinguished by the high reputation of the teaching artists and the internationality of all participants, and its main aim is a wide variety of artistic production.
The participants can choose from various courses taking place at Summer Academy Salzburg between 22 July – 31 August 2013.
Curators have the option to choose between two courses:
- Nancy Adajania 19. 08. – 24. 08. 2013 (more info HERE)
- Bassam El Baroni 22. 07. – 03. 08. 2013 (more info HERE)
The scholarships cover room and board, travel expenses and the participation fee for the course and are worth between EUR 1.300,- and 1.600,- each, depending on the different length of courses for artists or curators.
For more information about the summer academy itself, please see their official website HERE.
Besides the ERSTE Foundation scholarships, some 90 grants usually covering tuition costs only are available for participation in one of the classes at the Summer Academy. Additional subsidies for travel and living costs are offered by the American Austrian Foundation (AAF), Free State of Bavaria, and Münster Academy of Fine Arts.
Applications for these grants should be made directly to the granting bodies, according to their guidelines and closing dates. The Eastern Europe grants awarded by the Summer Academy also include travel and living costs. The closing date for these applications is 10 April 2013. The online application and more information is available on the Summer Academy’s grant page HERE. The grant application also counts as the application for a class (so need not be made separately).
The Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy
- are designed for artists and curators at the beginning of their career
- address candidates from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until: 26 April 2013. Applications have to include the following documents:
- Complete digital form HERE with your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website), information if you are applying as an artist or curator and which course you would choose.
- Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
- Portfolio (max. 10 MB) and/or website link
- Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 letters)
Please send all documents as PDF. Other formats cannot be accepted. Please send applications to: [email protected]tranzit.org.