Deadline: 29 May 2013, 2pmCET
Open to: C:F members 18-30 years old. Student status is not required.
Award: The winner will get C:F Summit scholarship with travel covered up to 700 EUR. Three additional awards for CF Summit scholarship with travel covered up to 300 EUR.
Challenge:Youth “Skill up!”
We spend days and nights thinking about our life and future. Finding opportunities and taking chances is our biggest priority and at the same time, our biggest fear. But at the end of the day, what takes real guts is to hold onto and create the future you believe in.
Today, more than ever, it is important to mobilize youth in obtaining new knowledge, skills and experiences. Today, more than ever, it is crucial to encourage the spirit of initiative, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. We all have problems, but people with entrepreneurship attitude find the solution and actually do something about it. Today, more than ever, it is inevitable to stimulate non-formal education and offer learning experiences for personal and professional development of youth. Can you find reasons not to join this global trend? Neither could we.
Challenge:Future in partnership with Triglav Insurance Group invites you to step out of your comfort zone and move to where the magic happens, where you become the creator of your own destiny and future. Think, develop and organize the best possible empowerment event for you and the youth around you! Don’t just grab the opportunities – create them. Whether it will be related to skills, internships, or jobs – whether it will be an info desk, career fair, game, webinar, innovation jam or a simple workshop – it’s up to you! But before you throw yourself into brainstorming and event planning, read more about your task! Please, as well note that in order to participate you need to be registered C:F member. You can register for free HERE! Participants should be from 18 to 30 years old.
This competition challenges you to:
a) Develop an event that will help youth to discover, activate and develop their potentials
b) Organize it in the most empowering way
c) Identify the most crucial youth skills and competencies needed in your local area/country and report on the impact and benefit created!
Important Note: all events organized by the Chapters, Local Representatives, Action Team members or other C:F members between December 2012 and today are also eligible to apply!
Prepare a max 10-slide presentation:
a) Cover slide: name of the event:, goal of the event:, location & date of the event:, your name, country, school (if):, Number of attendees at the event:, Number of people engaged in organization:
b) Slide 2-3: Develop an event that would help youth to discover, activate and develop their potentials
- I. Which type of event have you selected and why is it the most suitable?
- II. How will you help youth to discover, activate and develop their potentials?
- III. What is the added value for event participants?
c) Slide 4-6: Organize it in the most empowering way
- I. Present the event, agenda, participants. Use photos, videos and any other creative way to report what actually happened
- II. How did the event empower youth?
- III. What was the highlight of the event?
d) Slide 7-10: Identify what are the most needed youth skills and competencies in your local area/country and report on the impact and benefit created!
- I. What are the most common skills and competencies that the youth around you lacks?
- II. How could that be solved and how did your event contribute to that?
- III. Provide any kind of evidence of meaningful change in the lives of the participants: Include 3-5 testimonials
- The winner will get C:F Summit scholarship with travel covered up to 700 EUR.
- Three additional awards for CF Summit scholarship with travel covered up to 300 EUR.
The CF Summit is to be held in Slovenia in September, 2013. Deadline for diving into this challenge is 29 May 2013, 2 pm CET. Winners announcements: 07 June 2013, 2pmCET!
For more information please check the official call HERE!