Deadline: 12 May, 2013
Open to: youth workers, youth leaders, educators and volunteers coming from member states of the EU or EFTA (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland) countries, plus Croatia and Turkey
Venue: 10-15 June, Adrasan, Antalya, Turkey
The training course BRICK IN THE WALL – The Keys for Employability and Volunteering will take place in Adrasan, Antalya, Turkey 10-15 June 2013.
The main aim is to examine how non formal education could strengthen and valorise young people skills, in order to empower their competences and above all their self-confidence to apply to a job.
The main aims of this training course are:
- to explore the Youth in Action Programme as a tool, and to work on how non-formal education can contribute to develop employability opportunities for young people.
- to examine how non formal education could strengthen and valorise young people skills, in order to empower their competences and above all their self-confidence to apply to a job.
- To introduce participants to non-formal learning, intercultural education and social rights.
- To look at the potentials of youth work and the Youth in Action Programme as a way to increase young peoples chances of employability.
- To draw a connection between Youth in Action Projects and professional development by highlighting skills and competences which are considered necessary in the job finding process.
- To share experiences, challenges and good practices among participants.
- To improve self-confidence and self-esteem of participants which, in turn will impact on the young people they engage with.
The course addresses youth workers, youth leaders, social workers, educators and volunteers of NGO’s who:
- are residents in a member state of the EU countries, EFTA countries (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland) and EU candidate countries (Croatia, Turkey); (check Youth in Action Programme Countries here!)
- specifically those who work with N.E.E.T. young people (Not in Education, Employment or Training)
- have experience of at least one year in the youth field (as volunteers or professionals) and in developing a project with and for young people;
- are committed to working directly with youth on the issues related to the training;
- have basic knowledge on YiA Programme and interests in developing projects;
- are motivated to undergo training and are able to attend the course for its full duration;
- are able to work in English.
- All costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project.
- There is a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
How to apply
Before applying please contact the NA of your residence country to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs.
Application form is available through registration on the SALTO Website
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: 00 90 312 409 60 18
For further details please consider to check the INFOPACK!