Deadline: 10 June, 2013
Open to: University students and recent graduates, striving to be future leaders in Hungary and in Central and Eastern Europe
Venue: 7-11 August 2013 at Bercel Kastély in Nógrád County, Hungary
CSS will host the second Summer Leadership Academy on August 7-11 at Bercel Kastély in Nógrád County, Hungary. Over the course of five days and four nights, selected participants will gain an invaluable theoretical grounding in philosophy, economics, politics, and law, while also refining practical skills in workshops and simulations.
The Academy is designed for young leaders and thinkers who are committed to strengthening their own understanding of the free and prosperous society. The Academy promises to be the new incubator of future leaders in Hungary and in Central and Eastern Europe who are committed to promoting the ideas of responsible liberty and equipped with the skills necessary to implement them.
The Academy is open to University students and recent graduates, striving to be future leaders in Hungary and in Central and Eastern Europe.
The CSS admissions committee will assess the following aspects in making its decision:
- Age and station: college/university students, recent graduates, and young professionals
- Likelihood of contributing to local society in the future
- Demonstrated leadership potential (volunteerism, civic engagement)
- Presentation and communication skills
- Academic achievement
- Commitment to attend the entire conference and complete the required readings
All expenses, including room, board, study materials and use of the castle’s facilities are complimentary. Participants will only be responsible for transportation and travel expenses to and from the Academy.
Complete your application by June 10:
1. Fill out the application form here
2. Submit the following materials to [email protected]
- English language C.V. (with GPA for the previous 2 semesters/academic terms)
- Personal Written Statement in English (max 700 words)
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation or two (2) References (with relevant contact information)
Prospective participants will be contacted for an interview.
For further details please visit the official website.