Deadline: 19 July 2013
Open to: candidates with bachelor degree in journalism, communication, social sciences and previous experience in communication
Remuneration: 700 € per month
The Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) is a leading European not-for-profit organisation addressing how the environment affects health in the European Union. With the support of its over 65 member organisations, which represent health professionals, not-for-profit health insurers, patients, citizens, women, youth, and environmental experts, HEAL brings independent expertise and evidence from the health community to different decision-making processes.
The Health & Environment Alliance is recruiting a Communications Assistant for a six month period from September 2013 through February 2014. The main activities of the intern will be to :
- Help manage campaigns and mailings to HEAL’s members and network as well as assist in production of HEAL newsletters
- Help manage, maintain and improve the organization’s websites
- Take a lead in managing and updating databases of experts and journalists, and proactively promoting HEAL to potential members and stakeholders
- Assist with communication and coordination of HEAL’s member organisations and membership outreach
- Assist in the production of information and campaign material
- Assist in the development and follow-up of advocacy campaigns (Chemicals Health Monitor, Coal and Health)
- Assist in the organisation of conferences and workshops
- Graduate – bachelor degree in journalism, communication, social sciences
- Previous work or internship experience in communicating on EU or national environment or health policy
- Some journalism or online communication training
- Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes
Applicants also should have the following skills and abilities:
- Very good written and spoken English and French (German language skills would be an asset)
- Excellent working knowledge of standard office software (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Experience in website editing and/or writing on-line articles, blogs, and familiarity with social media
- Excellent communication and intrapersonal skills
- Self starter and reliable, ability to work in tight deadlines, and fast learner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The successful candidate will receive a Belgian contract of “professional immersion” of EUR 700 per month.
Please send your CV and a cover letter, explaining your interest in joining HEAL and the contribution you believe you could make to the organisation to: [email protected] no later than 19 July 2013. Due to the high volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit the official website.