Deadline: 20 September, 2013
Open to: civil servants from the Western Balkans (Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Albania, Kosovo and Montenegro)
Fellowship: travel, accommodation, monthly stipend, visa fees, health insurance, reimbursed for the language training up to a fixed amount.
The European Fund for the Balkans is a joint initiative of European foundations designed to undertake and support initiatives aimed at bringing the Western Balkans closer to the European Union through grant-giving and operational programmes. Therefore, they have created the Fellowship Programme for Young Government Officials from the Western Balkans which aims to contribute to the development of effective and efficient state administrations in the region by offering a tailor-made fellowship and training programme for highly qualified young professionals from the central government of their countries. Fellows will spend spend a three-months in government institutions in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain. There are up to 20 scholarships available.
The Programme is specifically designed for civil servants who satisfy the following criteria:
- national of one of the Western Balkan countries (Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Albania, Kosovo and Montenegro)
- maximum age of 40
- at least 3 (ideally 5) years of professional experience upon completing studies
- at least 2 years as a civil servant for state authority
- initial managerial experience or prospects of assuming leadership responsibilities
- excellent academic qualifications
- very good knowledge of English
- sound knowledge of national and international politics and economics
- strong interest in the political development of Europe
- excellent writing skills
For detailed eligibility criteria please refer to the official call HERE.
The costs for participation in the Programme, travel, accommodation, visa fees, health insurance (if necessary) and any other essential maintenance costs relating to seminars and other compulsory events will be covered. Furthermore, the fellows will receive a monthly stipend, in addition to a relocation fee as well as reimbursed for the language training up to a fixed amount.
Applicants are requested to fill in the online application form and upload the following documents:
- Detailed CV in English
- Confirmation by an employer
The application process for the Fellowship Programme consists of three phases:
- Online application
- Submitting additional documents via E-mail (upon request)
For detailed information regrading the application process please read the application guidelines HERE.
For further information please visit the official website