Deadline: 15 September 2013
Open to: journalists from around the world
Award: $10,000 for each for the main categories
The United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) invites media worldwide to submit entries for its 18th Annual UNCA Awards Dinner and Dance for the best written and electronic media coverage of the United Nations, its agencies, and field operations. The prizes amount to over $50,000 with $10,000 for each of the main categories:
1. The Elizabeth Neuffer Memorial Prize – for written media (including online media) coverage of the UN and its agencies and their work.
2. The Ricardo Ortega Memorial Prize – for broadcast journalism coverage of the UN, and its agencies.
3. The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation/UNCA Global Prize – for coverage of Climate Change.
4. The United Nations Foundation prize – for any entry in any medium that best covers the humanitarian and development aspects of the U.N. and its agencies.
The awards are open to journalists from around the world.
- Work in print, Internet, radio or TV between August 2012 and August 2013, covering the U.N. and its agencies in whatever capacity may be submitted
- Entries can be submitted in any of the official U.N. languages (English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, and Russian). Entries not in English or French must be accompanied by a translation.
- Video entries should be in DVD (preferably NTSC format). A written transcript in English or French will assist judging of radio and TV entries.
- A minimum of two (2) copies should be sent of each entry. Multiple or joint entries are accepted.
Applicants are requested to fill in the UNCA Awards entry form given HERE and submit their works electronically by including web links and/or uploading all files directly on the Entry Form or by postal mail to:
UNCA Awards Committee
Mailbox 613, The Chrysler Building
132 East 43rd Street
New York, NY 10017, USA
+1 (212) 867-0001
All entries should be submitted no later than 15 September 2013.
For further information please visit the official website.