Deadline: 15 September 2013 (23h59 -CET)
Open to: candidates with a degree in accounting, good knowledge of Belgian bookkeeping legislation, and 3-5 years of experience
Remuneration: 2.550 Euros monthly, plus a relocation package
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is recruiting a full-time accountant, starting as soon as possible. This position is based at the European Youth Forum Secretariat in Brussels, within the Administrative and Financial Department, and reports directly to the Administrative and Financial Director.
The European Youth Forum is the Platform of Youth Organisations in Europe. Independent, democratic and youth-led, it represents 98 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The contract is an open-ended contract, with a trial period of six months. The contract is full time (35 hours per week) and the gross monthly salary (for a A1 position according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is 2.550 Euros. A relocation package (if you are coming outside of Belgium), hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
- To manage the general accounting, preparation and execution of journal entries, expense accruals, expense reports, invoicing (membership fees and other), etc;
- To compose annually the income statement and balance sheet concerning the financial year;
- To monitor the accounts held with YFJ suppliers and creditors/debtors;
- To assist in the budgeting procedure when necessary;
- To follow and ensure adherence to the Internal YFJ Financial Guidelines;
- To provide assistance and clarifications to YFJ Members concerning financial issues related to the Youth Forum, namely the Membership Fees;
- To establish the fiscal document “ fiches 281.50”
- To hold and oversee the petty cash;
- To prepare the payment of invoices and reimbursements for YFJ staff, officials, and event participants, etc.;
- To report the depreciation of YFJ fixed assets;
- To assist in internal and external audits;
- To assist the Administrative and Financial Director regarding other tasks where necessary;
- To provide general support to colleagues when needed.
The candidate should:
- hold a degree in accounting – A1/A2 (or equivalent) diploma, and hold a good knowledge of Belgian bookkeeping legislation and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and Belgian social and fiscal legislation;
- Have 3-5 years of professional experience in accounting, in Belgium;
- Have experience of internal financial reporting and budgeting;
- Be capable of working under pressure and to tight deadlines, with flexible hours and, when required, on weekends.
- Capacity to work in an international team, as well as under own initiative.
- Able to travel when necessary.
- Based in Brussels or its surroundings.
Skills and Competencies Required are:
- Ability to prioritise work and multitask.
- Ability to meet deadlines and realise goals.
- Extremely good organisational skills.
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in English and French and good writing skills in both languages.
- Computer literacy, with good working knowledge of different software applications, namely accounting software (Exact or other), word processing, spreadsheets, email and Internet.
The deadline for applying is 15 September 2013, 23h59 CET. To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the new European Youth Forum online recruitment system HERE.
- Create a user account: click on “Registration” and fill in your personal details.
- Go to the “Login ” area and login with your username and password.
- Create your CV: click on “My Curriculum” in this area you will be asked to provide information on your education, experience and training’s.
- Submit your application: click on “Vacancies” you will be asked to select the call your want to apply for and to write your motivation letter.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held around mid-September 2013.
You can see the official website HERE for more details.