Deadline: 10 September 2013
Open to: Youth workers, Youth leaders, Project managers, and Youth Policy Makers from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Turkey, United Kingdom
Venue: 7-15 October 2013 in Kratovo, Macedonia
“Without Illusion, Let’s act for Gender Inclusion” is a training course that will be offered from 7-15 October 2013 in Kratovo, Macedonia. The aim of this project is to raise awareness about the present gender reality/inequality and develop concrete responses for empowering gender inclusion.
Objectives for the participants will be:
- to understand human rights and complexity of gender inequalities in general;
- to develop self-confidence to express one’s own opinion about gender and practice genuine gender equality in all spheres
- to develop skills of critical thinking, discussion, communication, imagination and creativity
- to combat xenophobia, discrimination and promote equal gender employment opportunities and participation
- to foster open mindedness, sense of justice and social responsibility
- to develop capacity of youth organizations and act as multipliers, creating future projects promoting values of human rights, non-violence and gender equality;
The project will host participant’s representatives from diverse organizations, where through creative methods will provide space for sharing knowledge and experience regarding the theme of the project. Non-formal activities like brainstorming, case studies/ scenarios, work in groups, debates, small and large group discussions, interactive presentations, round tables and energizers will be implemented by team of trainers. Experimental, learner-centered and participatory methodology will be used, close to the real concerns that young people face in everyday life.
Accommodation is fully provided by the organizers. Travel costs will be 70% reimbursed by the host organization by bank transfer after the course. Only participants who have attended the entire training course can be reimbursed.
This Training Course is for 24 participants from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Turkey, United Kingdom and recommended for Youth workers, Youth leaders, Project managers, and Youth Policy Makers.
The application deadline is 10 September 2013 and the date of selection is 15 September 2013. Please download the application form HERE and then submit it to [email protected] Even though the form says 10 October, please know the deadline is 10 September 2013.
Send your questions to Vele at [email protected] or by phone at 0038970358987.
The training course will be organized by the Greater Manchester Youth Network (GMYN) and co-organized by the European Cultural Epicenter. GMYN’s vision is to make volunteering, social action, entrepreneurship and other positive activities, which lead to increased well-being, aspirations, skills and experience, available to all young people regardless of their ability, status or background. Their values (what they believe in) are Equality, Participation, Inclusiveness, Empowerment, Education, Openness, and Collaboration.
At the organisation’s annual away day in 2012 the existing aims were reviewed by the staff and board. The following 5 strategic aims were then agreed to be the main changes they, as a staff team, want to help make:
- An increased number and wider range of positive activities that meet the needs of young people and help them to improve their lives.
- Better governed, more effectively run organisations that meet the needs of their service users.
- Strengthened ability and increased desire of people to take an active and positive role in society.
- Increased and enhanced connections amongst organisations and between young people and organisations.
- GMYN continually evolving as an effective, efficient and transparent organisation that meets the needs of service users and stakeholders.