Deadline: 30 October 2013
Open to: non-state actors, legal persons, non-profit-making legally established in Kenya or in a Member State of the European Union
Grant: between € 500,000 and € 800,000
The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Kenya is seeking proposals to support Non State Actors in Development: Maternal and Child Health, Nutrition and Family Planning Services in Major Urban Slums in Kenya with financial assistance from the European Commission’s Budget line: ‘Non-State Actors in Development’. The aim of the programme is to empower non-state actors to address regional and social disparities in mother and child health, nutrition and family planning through health related poverty reduction initiatives.
The purpose of this program is poverty reduction in the context of sustainable development, including the pursuit of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and other internationally agreed targets. The expected results are child and maternal mortality ratios reduced, nutrition status of mothers, newborn and children under five years improved, family planning uptake improved and capacities of health-care delivery systems improved. To reach those results it is needed to:
- facilitate interaction between State and non-State actors in different contexts
- benefit populations out of reach of mainstream services and resources and excluded from policy making processes
- strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations in partner countries, with a view to facilitating their participation in defining and implementing poverty reduction and sustainable development strategies
- to empower non-state actors to address regional and social disparities in maternal and child health, nutrition and family planning through health related poverty reduction initiatives targeting populations and geographic areas that are out of reach of development mainstream and excluded from policy-making processes
In order to be eligible, the applicant must:
- be legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be non-state actor, legally established in Kenya or in a Member State of the European Union, can apply under this component of the programme and be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
The overall indicative amount is € 2,500,000 from budget-line 21.03.01 of the 2013 budget. The Contracting Authority reserves the right not to award all available funds. Similarly, this amount could be increased should more funds become available.
Any grant must fall between a minimum amount of € 500,000 and a maximum amount of € 800,000. Also, grants must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
- Minimum percentage: 50% of the total eligible costs of the action.
- Maximum percentage: 75% of the total eligible costs of the action for Non State Actors from European Union and 90% of the total eligible costs of the action for Non State Actors from Kenya.
The balance (i.e. the difference between the total cost of the action and the amount requested from the Contracting Authority) must be financed from sources other than the European Union Budget or the European Development Fund.
The deadline for submission of concept notes is 30 October 2013 at 16:30 hrs local time at the EU Delegation to Kenya, Ragati Road, Upper Hill, Nairobi.
For more information please visit the official webpage.