Deadline: 10 December 2013
Open to: bachelor’s degree holders from a country different than a EEA-EFTA or EU state (Category A grants) or any students selected by Europubhealth consortium (Category B grants)
Scholarships: range from EUR 19,500 to EUR 47,000
Europubhealth Masters course is supported by the Erasmus Mundus programme launched by the European Commission in early 2004. The EUROPUBHEALTH Erasmus Mundus Masters course provides a high level education in the field of public health. Its main goal is to enable the students to improve health of specific population groups and the population as a whole through the designing, planning, implementation, advising and assessment of health prevention and promotion programmes, and the management of health and social services and establishments.
It is designed to provide students with methods, analytical tools and conceptual knowledge required to understand public health issues. It is based on the acquisition of academic knowledge and basic savoir-faire related to public health as well as all the necessary skills for the various functions that the students, as future public health professionals, will embrace at the local level, regional, national, European or international, in the public or the private sectors.
Find out more about the programme by clicking HERE.
ERASMUS MUNDUS offers scholarship to students for studying abroad. The exact number of ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarships offered for the intake 2013-2015 were:
- Category A scholarship: 4
- Category A scholarship “window Western Balkans and Turkey” (students from Turkey, Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Croatia, the former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo): 1
- Category A scholarship “window Eastern & Southern Neighborhood Countries” (students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine): 2
- Category B scholarship: 4
To be eligible for the grant, the students must choose a combination of pathway that allows them to spend their study period in, at least, two of the European partner countries which must be different from the country in which the scholarship holder has obtained his/her last university degree.
Eligibility criteria for the category A:
- To be a citizen of any country different than a European Union Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway
- not residing in any above mentioned country;
- to have not carried out his/her main activity (studies, work, etc.) in any of the above mentioned country for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years (from the 28/02/2009 to the 28/02/2014).
- Individuals who have already benefited from a ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarship are not eligible
- Students benefiting from a ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarship cannot benefit from another Community grant while pursuing their ERASMUS MUNDUS master studies
- The number of applications must be limited to a maximum three different joint ERASMUS MUNDUS Master programmes.
- Student must have at least a university bachelor degree (180 ECTS) or officially recognized equivalent and be able to provide a copy of this diploma when they apply on line.
- Study full time during the two years of the Erasmus Mundus Master course Europubhealth.
Eligibility criteria for the category B:
Category B grants can be awarded to any students selected by Europubhealth consortium and who do not fulfil the Category A criteria defined above.
As a rough guide, the amount of the grants (subject to EACEA final confirmation) for the current EUROPUBHEALTH intake 2013-2015 is:
- 47,000 € for the two year masters course for Category A students
- 22,500 € for the two year masters course for Category B students (including potential mobility grant of 3,000€ for third-country partner institution)
- 19,500 € for the two year masters course for Category B students (without the mobility grant)
The EUROPUBHEALTH Master application form should be filled in on-line HERE and completely in English with all supporting documents uploaded.
Please read the instructions for candidates document before starting the registration. Scholarship application period is from September 10th to December 10th 2013.
For further information visit the official website.