Deadline: 1 December 2013
Open to: Young people aged 18-30
Venue: 28-31 January 2014 in Ibadan, Nigeria
The situation of young people worldwide remains precarious. In both developing and developed countries, the needs and aspirations of youth are still largely unmet. They therefore arise with a vision of taking responsibility, saying enough is enough. With Youth-unemployment rate among the highest in West Africa and Africa at large, it’s high time we place young people at the center of development to focus and fight against YOUTH-unemployment. We are living in a difficult time, and until youth begin to arise to talk about issues that concern them, there might be no reasonable solution.
The W.A.Y Africa (The War Against Youth-unemployment in Africa) is an initiative of HEAL THE WORLD MISSION INC. This forum is building an international community of proactive young people across Africa and the world as we gather together more than 100 Youth cut across the 54 Countries of Africa who are prone towards responsibility and constructive behavior in the current changes the contemporary world is undergoing.
The W.A.Y Africa is a high impact idea accelerator forum aimed at converting VIABLE IDEAS into HIGH GROWTH BUSINESSES solving real world problems majorly Youth-unemployment in Africa. The conference will take place 28-31 January 2014 at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture IITA PMB, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria ( the largest metropolitan city in Nigeria and the third in Africa after Cairo & Johannesburg) .
This is a 3-day action packed, high degree, idea generating, brain storming, mind grooming, challenging yet fun filled, “get result” open discussion. The gathering harnesses the power of youth, their cultural diversity, their domain expertise and their deep conversations about today’s youth-unemployment challenge and then accelerate them into profitable ventures for international development.
The organizers are calling young talented and creative individuals, young project coordinators, young intellectuals, young researchers, and young experts in relevant fields full of new ideas to tackle youth-unemployment in Africa and are ready to work collaboratively for collective international benefit.
The six goals of the forum are:
- To EXPOSE young people to both leadership and international developmental issues by connecting with youth from 54 African countries and start-up leaders.
- To EDUCATE young people on the principles of purposeful living and successful achievement through assistance and advice from leading achievers.
- To EMPLOY young people to lead purposeful change in their immediate environment and inspire others and influence local global change by identifying like minded leaders among the international participants.
- To ENGAGE young people positively and commit them to societal development and socioeconomic growth by providing platforms where winning ideas can thrive.
- To ENJOIN young people to promote godly virtues by imbibing sound morals and ethical values.
- To ESTABLISH “WORLD CHANGERS CLUB” in the 54 Countries of Africa by presenting the WORLD CHANGERS AMBASSADOR EMBLEM to all participants. And also go into partnership with TOP VIABLE IDEAS.
- 18 – 30 years old
- Passionate about creating an impact and becoming a solution to the world problems by presenting a VIABLE IDEA to tackle Youth-unemployment in Africa.
- Know the power of teams and co-founders, and are exited, ready to work collaboratively with people from all around the world.
Eligible Countries: Primary (West African Countries): Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Gambia, Ghana, Guinea (Conakry), Guinea (Bissau), Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo)
Secondary (North, East, South & Central African Countries): Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Kenya, Lesotho, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Republic of the Congo (Brazzaville), Reunion, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sao Tome & Principe, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe
Accommodation costs are covered by the organizers. Travel scholarships can only be granted in exceptional cases.
If you are interested and eligible, please submit the following documents to [email protected] by 1 December 2013:
- Application Form (AVAILABLE HERE)
- Curriculum vitae
- Project Brief Form (AVAILABLE HERE)
- Detailed Project Description Requirement
- Visa Form HERE (If Applicable)
The subject of your letter should be as following: Application for the WAY Africa_Surname_Name. All the attached documents should be named the same way, e.g. CV_Surname_Name.
You must also upload a short video/presentation on Youtube and ensure you subscribe to HealTheWorldNgTV on Youtube) before 1 December 2013.
Generators of the most VIABLE IDEAS will be invited before December, 31st 2013. Throughout the selection process, personal and professional qualities will be taken into consideration. Confirmation from the participants must be given before January 7th, 2014.
Those invited must complete a presentation of their idea during the 1st annual session of The WAY Africa, which will take place in IITA, Ibadan, Nigeria from January 28th to 31st, 2014.
For more details, please see the official call for applications HERE.