Open to: English and Russian speakers with experience in a TV agency or broadcast television
Remuneration: not specified
Thomson Reuters are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. They deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Reuters Television is seeking an experienced television journalist to join their team in the Moscow bureau. The Moscow output TV producer will be able to cover a wide range of stories from politics and economy to lifestyle and science originating from 12 countries in the region. The successful candidate will be willing to work flexible hours.
- To generate story ideas and work with others in the team to produce stories.
- To edit compelling pictures suited to the client needs, in Reuters’ mainstream news and niche services.
- To provide client-ready video edits and accompanying scripts to the highest Reuters News standards.
- To write and sub shortlists and scripts quickly and accurately in English.
- To shoot video if required.
- To communicate effectively with colleagues and stringers when commissioning stories and delivering technical/editorial feedback on pictures and scripts.
- To stay abreast of new developments in news gathering and transmission technology.
The successful candidate for this position will have experience in a TV agency or broadcast television and will be able to work in a fast-paced environment on a busy news file covering the world’s largest country and its former ex-Soviet allies. The candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Native or near-native English language and excellent script-writing ability
- Good Russian
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, at times unsupervised
- Willingness to travel to breaking news stories, often at short notice
- Solid technical skills, including FTP delivery, shooting video, editing, laptop newsgathering
- Strong communication skills, both with colleagues and clients
- A sharp eye for visual news and story-telling in pictures
- An understanding of client needs both locally and internationally, including an interest in niche products, including regional news for CEEF, science/environment topics for INNOVATIONS and SHOWBIZ stories
Remuneration is not specified in the official call. Contact the company for further details.
If you are interested, apply as soon as possible through their online recruitment system HERE. A deadline has not been specified, but the job posting is from the end of November.
Please direct your questions to the company using their “Contact Us” webpage HERE.
For more information, please visit the official call for applications HERE.