Deadline: 20 December 2013
Open to: nationals of Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan and Egypt preferably 18-30 years old with experience in youth activities
Venue: 17-21 February 2014 in Lebanon
The Office of the United Cities and Local Governments/Technical Office of the Lebanese Cities cooperates with the Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures, supported by the European Union, in the framework of the “Dawrak-Citizens Agenda for Dialogue “concerned with youth participation in local politics in the organization of a training forum in Lebanon between 17 and 21 February 2014, in order to present and exchange different experiences in the field of cooperation between local authorities, civil society and educational institutions; as well as to present the general situation of local initiatives in the region.
“Citizens for Dawrak Dialogue” is a program launched by the Anna Lindh Foundation (ALF) to develop the capacity of civil society and the citizens of Arab Euro-Meditéeraneens in the field of participation in public life; so they can contribute, in turn, to the creation of open and pluralistic societies. The program also provides an opportunity for Networking, tools for dialogue and national advocacy on the national level or with other Euro-Mediterranean countries.
The agenda of the Dawrak Programme for capacity building focuses on training forums on three main thematic areas: youth participation in local dialogue, education for intercultural citizenship and the arts for change. Each of these thematic areas include a number of workshops, activities for knowledge sharing, and others to encourage innovation and participation, in order to develop new tools for effective participation. The program also allows developing initiatives to strengthen networking in the context of the major challenges in the region.
This program allows Youth to:
- Work with decision makers at the local level.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to play an effective role in the development of their countries and cities;
- Involve young people in local partnerships for change;
- Involve young people in the process of decision making at the local level (the level of municipalities and local authorities).
The selection criteria for this forum depends on the following measures:
- Nationality of the following countries: Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan and Egypt
- Age, with a priority for citizens between 18 and 30 years
- Availability of participation in all activities of the Forum during its entire duration
- Interest in topics related to young people
- Field of experience centered in youth activities
- Field of experience focused on young people and their participation in local politics
- Being part of an institution (association, local entity, …) initiating activities that target youth
The Anna Lindh Foundation will cover all the expenses of travel, hotel accommodation, meals and transportation.
The deadline for applications is 20 December 2013.
To participate, please fill in the application form HERE and attach a recent photo of yourself, a copy of your passport, and a copy of your CV (in one page). Please be advised that any application we receive after this date will not be taken into account. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Selected candidates will be notified by email on 31 December 2013.
If you have any questions, you can write to [email protected]
For further information, please visit the official website HERE.