Deadline: 7 March 2014
Open to: candidates planning to undertake Master studies related to sustainable energy development, citizens of selected OECD ODA recipient countries
Scholarship: US$ 23,000 per year
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership has had a long-standing commitment to education under the rubric of its capacity-building initiatives. In 2001, the Partnership reinforced this commitment by establishing the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program to support students from developing countries and economies in transition.
The purpose of the ESED scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership considers an outstanding student to be one who:
- graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class;
- is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding;
- has a history of community involvement;
- is committed to sustainable energy;
- is committed to return and contribute to her/his home country.
Programmes eligible for this scholarship must show a 75% focus on renewable energy and/or the power sector in general. All universities are eligible for the ESED scholarship. It is preferable that the candidate pursues her/his studies in a university outside his home country.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must
- plan to undertake studies at the Masters level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development;
- be citizens of the developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAC List of ODA Recipients.
Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Masters level students. Up to ten Masters scholarships will be awarded annually.
Applications should be submitted using Online ESED Scholarship Application Submission and uploading the requested documents. Read detailed information and download required forms HERE. The ESED Masters Scholarship deadline is 7 March 2014. All documents must be uploaded by the deadline.
Contact: E-mail: [email protected]
For more information visit the official website HERE.