Deadline: 17 February 2014
Open to: Master graduates in Design, Architecture, Urban studies, Educational Sciences, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related fields, with knowledge of design software
Remuneration: 450 euros a month
As part of the International Training Centre of the International Labor Organization (ILO) in Turin, Italy, the Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications (DELTA) Unit provides learning knowledge solutions in the field of decent work and sustainable development, specifically by:
- Jointly designing and implementing learning and knowledge sharing events;
- Transforming technical contents into learning and training tools;
- Providing tailor-made products and services related to knowledge sharing and organizational learning.
Based on the ‘Make Space’ publication of the Institute of Design at the Stanford University, the intern will analyze how to set the stage for creative collaboration at the International Training Centre of the ILO. The intern is expected to:
- Analyze the learning architecture of creative spaces and the influence of the physical environment;
- Prototype a series of physical learning objects that are part of a creative learning space;
- Support the DELTA team in setting up interactive spaces for large-scale learning events.
The outputs of this internship are:
- An up-to-date desk review of creative spaces that can be applied at the International Training Centre of ILO;
- A prototype of 10 different physical learning objects that can be actively used in training courses;
- A manual on how to set up creative and collaborative spaces from an architectural point of view.
- Master in Design, Architecture, Urban studies, Educational Sciences, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related fields;
- Fluency in English (oral and written);
- Excellent IT literacy, including grapfic design software;
- Design thinking experience and proven track of graphic design projects;
- Knowledge of adult learning;
- Knowledge of design thinking;
- Other working experience(s) will be considered an asset.
The monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at 450 EUR. No other payment of any kind shall be made to an intern by the Centre in connection with an internship agreement.
Please read carefully the “Application procedures and conditions for interns” before applying. Application for this internship position should be sent by e-mail to: [email protected] Please provide the following documentation:
- Cover/motivation letter
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae – this should include date of birth, nationality, address and language skills.
Deadline for applications: 17 February 2014.
Visit the official web-site.