Deadline: 21 Februrary 2014
Open to: candidates with demonstrable project management experience in developing web-sites
Remuneration: not specified
The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) is seeking to appoint a Website Manager to develop the organisation’s website and its website strategy. The role will be based out of IDEA’s South East Europe (SEE) office in Skopje, Macedonia but will directly report to the Communications Director of IDEA Central based in Brussels, Belgium. The Website Manager will be required to travel to Brussels on a monthly basis. The website is one of IDEA’s principal assets and acts as both communications tool and a tool for young people to access online debate resources and information. In 2013 the site attracted 3.9 million visits, however there are a number of issues relating to design and usability of the site and it will need substantial redevelopment in 2014 in order to make it a more accessible and useful tool for our core audiences.
Areas of responsibility and tasks:
- Develop the strategy, set goals and project manage the development of IDEA’s website to ensure it is fit for purpose and an excellent communications and debate tool;
- Consult with the System Administrator and coordinate the technical and content teams across the IDEA network;
- Support the strategic plan of the IDEA Network;
- Respond to online opportunities to support network activities.
- Demonstrable project management experience in developing websites;
- Knowledge of the Drupal CMS, including, but not limited to, content management and delivery, theme administration and implementation of visual cues;
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of other CMS in place of Drupal will be considered;
- Strong management skills, excellent communication skills (listening, oral, written); and attention to detail;
- Fluency in English; other languages desirable;
- A flexible attitude and ability to manage and oversee remote teams;
- Experience of working in an international environment and willingness to travel internationally.
The successful applicant will already have the right to work in Macedonia and to travel to the European Union.
Candidates should e-mail the following documents:
- Comprehensive covering letter explaining why you feel you are qualified;
- Detailed CV.
Please provide both documents in English. They should be submitted to:
Rhiannon Butlin – IDEA Central Communications Director, e-mail: [email protected]
Please use the reference : Website Manager in the subject line of the e-mail.
Application deadline: 21 February 2014. Expected start date: March 2014. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Debate Education Association is an equal opportunities employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More information in the official call HERE.