Deadline: 24 February 2014
Open to: experts in the field of human rights, human trafficking, labour rights or migration
Remuneration: £28,000 pro rata
Focus on Labour Explotation (FLEX) is a young, dynamic organisation that supports government and civil society to adopt effective responses to human trafficking for labour exploitation. FLEX works to bridge the gap between vulnerable workers’ experiences of labour exploitation and the current policy and practical response to human trafficking for labour exploitation both in the UK and internationally. The Project Director is required to support the implementation of FLEX’s UK project work centred on community engagement and strategic human rights responses to human trafficking at the grassroots, local and national levels. This post will provide an exciting opportunity not only to lead on some of FLEX’s UK projects but also to join a focused and committed organisation as it builds on existing successes and undergoes a period of growth in the sector.
The Project Director will support the delivery of UK projects, including managing the delivery of annual project plans. The post holder will also contribute to the overall effective delivery of FLEX’s legal, policy and advocacy strategy. In order to successfully implement FLEX’s UK projects the Project Director will possess strong management skills, demonstrated community engagement and training skills, as well as skills in advocacy and influencing law and policy. They will have the expertise necessary to support FLEX’s position as a centre of knowledge on trafficking for labour exploitation. The Project Director will be responsible for ensuring that FLEX’s UK project work is delivered to a consistently high standard and that it meets organisational objectives and deliverables. The Project Director will also be responsible for overseeing Project funding requirements, including the delivery of Project plans and their monitoring and evaluation. The Project Director will also play a role in helping FLEX achieve its organisational and programmatic objectives, including contributing to organisational fundraising efforts.
- Expertise in the field of human rights, human trafficking, labour rights or migration;
- Educated to Masters level in relevant topic or equivalent experience;
- High-level research and analytical skills, including experience in preparing research reports, briefing papers or discussion documents;
- Excellent project management skills and experience;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal; proven ability to present complex issues in clear terms and to tailor these to different audiences;
- The ability to source information and achieve results from external stakeholders
- Exceptional organisational and administration skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise work for self and others;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation activities, and in reporting to funders;
- Experience of and commitment to working in a collaborative and inclusive style and acceptance of being subject to peer review;
- Self-motivated and able to make judgements as to when to take initiative;
- Computer literate and confident with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Commitment to the values and ethos of FLEX
£28,000 pro rata.
To apply for this post please send your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet each part of the person specification to [email protected]
For further information, please visit the official website.