Deadline: 28 February 2014
Open to: graduates in economics or other courses of that included economic topics with very good knowledge of English and either Spanish, Italian or German
Benefits: accommodation, local transport, visa fees, insurance and airfares
In accordance with the Lisbon Treaty, the European Commission foresees the setting up of a European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps, with the objective “to establish a framework for joint contributions from young Europeans to the humanitarian aid operations of the Union”. In this context, the Directorate General ECHO of the European Commission, in charge of humanitarian aid, has granted several pilot projects developing some of the possible features of the future Corps.
The objectives of the assignment are the support the administrator and coordinator of GVC Beqaa in the administrative, plus financial and logistic tasks foreseen in the projects and activities. The goal of the volunteer in terms of learning is to increase knowledge in terms of procedure and management of the project activities in the context of emergency response, with particular reference to the planning and monitoring. The volunteer will gain methodological tools and working experience to become unique in the case of short-term interventions and characterized by an exceptionally rapid deployment.
The project aims at developing a system that increases opportunities for European volunteers and gives the volunteers the possibility to engage in humanitarian operations offering them the opportunity to see how European organizations implement the European Humanitarian Aid.
The expected starting date is June 2014 and it will last 5 months.
Qualifications/Requirements of the candidate:
- Degree in Economics or alternatively other courses of study that included Economic topics;
- Experience in volunteering desired;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, and good general knowledge of the full Office suite;
- Good ability to adapt to unstable situation in terms of security (in particular in case of evacuations operating officer);
- Very good knowledge of either Spanish, Italian or German;
- In addition to one of the languages mentioned before, very good English is required (level equal to/or higher than B2)
- Maturity in handling stressful situations;
- Very good interpersonal and team working skills and ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to identify and solve problems;
- Organizational capacity.
The candidate will receive a monthly allowance that intends to cover accommodation, basic needs and local transport. Visa fees, insurance and airfares will be covered.
The working calendar will be corresponding to the agenda and organizational system established on the field. For each month of voluntary activity two days of rest are foreseen.
The deadline for application is 28 February 2014.
If you are interested, please fill the online application form and attach an Europass Curriculum Vitae.
For further information, please read the official call.