Deadline: 30 June 2014
Open to: young people 15-30 with an innovative idea fro enterprise or operating an enterprise
Prize: Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an exciting new opportunity to develop your innovative ideas and projects to create positive change in your community and the world. With support and feedback from peers around the world, you can turn your passion for a better world into reality. The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an international contest launched by The Goi Peace Foundation, Stiftung Entrepreneurship (Berlin) and UNESCO. The competition provides a global platform for young entrepreneurs who aspire to create positive change in their communities.
By highlighting the best examples of youth entrepreneurship, the competition aims to empower the young generation to take the initiative in social innovation and become pioneers in building a harmonious and sustainable society. With their innovative ideas and leadership, these global citizens will tackle some of the key challenges of today and offer a model of the entrepreneurial potential that will fuel our future.
All participants will receive free training at the online Entrepreneurship Campus. This training provides methods and techniques for developing ideas into solid business models, to turn a budding idea into a fully developed concept, or to improve on an existing business model.
- You are between the ages of 15 and 30;
- You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the sustainable development of your community, in a field such as: the environment, education, health, poverty reduction, peace building, cultural diversity, sustainable energy, food security, sustainable trade, the elderly, empowerment of women and youth, OR, you are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization, or an informal program;
- You are able to submit your entries and make presentations in English.
Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize winners will be selected in each of the following two categories:
- Best Ideas Category – Innovative ideas and plans to be implemented (by the entrant or by others).
- Best Projects Category – Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact.
Winners will be announced on the competition website, as well as the Goi Peace Foundation and UNESCO websites. Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive honorable mention.
The Grand Prize winners and the People’s Choice Prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony during the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin in October 2014. Here, they will present their ideas and activities to an international audience.
- First, sign up to become a registered member;
- Complete the entry form and submit it online. Entries may only be submitted in English;
Entry form for ideas
Entry form for projects
- Entries will be reviewed by the competition administrators, and only those that meet a certain standard and pass the preliminary screening will be nominated and published on the competition website. You will receive a message confirming that your entry has been nominated. If your entry does not pass the screening, you will have a chance to brush it up and submit it again.
Deadline for entries is 30 June 2014.
For more information visit the official website HERE.