Deadline: 15 July 2014 (extended)
Open to: designers, producers, application developers, journalists, and writers creating digital content addressing UN Millennium Development Goals, under the age of 30
Awards: winners will be invited to the WSYA Winers’ Event (travel and accommodation covered)
The World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) is an annual competition for digital and social innovators under 30. This international contest tracks and connects outstanding e-content developers and social entrepreneurs by selecting and promoting the best projects such as websites, mobile applications and online campaigns that are contributing to the achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Apply to one of the six categories of the WSYA, all of them directly tied to the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) encouraging to tackle global challenges such as ill-health, gender inequality, lack of education, lack of access to clean water and environmental degradation.
- Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease!
- Education for All!
- Power 2 Women!
- Create your Culture!
- Go green!
- Pursue truth!
The WSYA contest is a competition among the most committed and creative designers, producers, application developers, journalists, and writers who, by using internet and mobile applications, create digital content and applications which address the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The online or mobile project to be entered in to the contest must be initiated and executed by young people under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1984) from any of the UN member states.
An international jury will evaluate the projects and select 18 winners (three winners per category), who will:
- Be invited to the WSYA Winners’ Event (Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for the winners);
- Meet other engaged and amazing young people from around the world, representatives of governments, NGOs, the United Nations, social entrepreneurs and business leaders;
- Get the chance to present their project on a global stage;
- Share ideas, initiatives and inspiration with other amazing young people;
- Learn more about exciting youth initiatives and current trends regarding MDGs at workshops and seminars held by ICT experts and entrepreneurs;
- Have their project showcased on the web HERE;
- Be promoted through the WSYA network and network with ICT experts, business leaders, multimedia producers, young entrepreneurs and youth leaders!
- … and last but not least, become part of a vibrant and lively community for young people taking action on the MDGs.
The registration, including submitting the project information, must be completed online HERE by 15 July 2014 (deadline has been extended).
For more information visit the official website HERE.