Deadline: 31 March 2014
Open to: candidates with a good knowledge of English, an interest in travel and familiarity with social media
Remuneration: varies depending on the position
TheBestTravelled.com (TBT) is a website. Conceived as an interactive, constantly evolving and expanding international project, TBT will bring together travelers within a well-designed community to encourage information exchange, travel planning, as well as an environment to enjoy friendly travel competition.
It aims to become the leading interactive travel website for competitive travelers and the general public in terms of web design; the leader in quality and quantity of diverse travel stories, photos and travel experiences on every region in the world; and the leading virtual library on travel websites.
TheBestTravelled.com is very pleased to announce openings for interns, ambassadors an a secretary.
- It will be part-time (4 hours a day) for a 9-week period, until early July;
- Working in a small team;
- Some payment is provided;
- Choice of projects will depend partially on your skills and interests.
The 4th season of the Ambassadorship Programme:
- Ambassadors represent the website in a specific country or countries;
- Each ambassadorship season lasts 3 months;
- Ambassadors have a wide variety of tasks, mainly aimed at getting new members to the site, promoting the content of the site itself or developing associations with other organisations/websites etc;
- For each task undertaken, ambassadors are awarded points – every two weeks, for a total of 7 times within a season, they send a report with the points they believe that they deserve. This report is the only compulsory activity within the ambassadorship;
- The ambassadorship makes every member part of an international team, gives you experience in a variety of different tasks, develops your knowledge of different cultures, travel and social media, as well as not having any fixed working hours;
- Long-term ambassadors will be promoted to senior status and possibly then be offered a full-time position with thebesttravelled.com;
- The ambassador per month with most points gets a free regional air ticket;
- The best ambassador per 3 months gets a free long-distance air ticket, while ambassadors in positions 2-5 get travel-related gifts and gadgets;
- If they complete three months successfully, ambassadors can request a recommendation letter from thebesttravelled.com.
- Initially it will be a part-time paid position, eventually to develop into full-time employment;
- It will involve administration of the website and web-research;
- Reliability is essential and knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
All positions require a good knowledge of English, an interest in travel and familiarity with social media. All accepted candidates will be joining on 1 May 2014.
For all positions, please complete the application form HERE. The final day for applications for all positions is 31 March 2014.