Deadline: 14 April, 2014
Open to: citizens of NATO member states
Remuneration: interns receive a lump sum of € 800 per month
Do you study Political Science, International Relations or Security Studies? Are you an interdisciplinary candidate with qualifications in Economics, Finance, or Human Resources? Have you studied Information Technology, Web or Graphic design, or Library Sciences? Do you study Aeronautics or Engineering? Do you have a background in Media, or Journalism? Do you speak Russian or Arabic? Are you able to conduct independent research and analysis? NATO needs your skills !
The 2015 call for applications for NATO-funded internships opened on 13th March and will close on 14th April 2014.
NATO Headquarters (HQ) introduced its Internship Programme in 2004. The aim of the program is to provide a small number of current or recent students with the opportunity to intern with the International Staff at NATO Headquarters in Brussels and in a few other NATO bodies. There is one call for applications per year in spring with two starting dates, in March and in September the following year. Internships will in principle last 6 months.
In order to apply for an internship at NATO, you must fulfill all criteria outlined below:
- Age: you must be over 21 years of age at the time of your application;
- Nationality: you must be a citizen of a NATO member state;
- Educational Status: you must be a university student or a recent graduate (in other words, you have obtained your highest degree less than a year ago);
- Studies: if you are currently studying, you must have successfully completed at least two years of post-secondary studies and be enrolled in your third year at the time of your application;
- Languages: you must be thoroughly proficient in at least one of the official languages of the organization (English and French).
Nationals of NATO partner countries (PfP/EAPC) should contact their delegation at NATO HQ directly for information on internships. More information is available at the following link here.
Further requirements for selected interns can be checked here.
Interns receive a lump sum of € 800 per month. The salary is not exempt from taxation. Interns may receive emoluments from outside sources (such as scholarships or grants).
Travel: Interns will be reimbursed for their travel expenses on taking up duty and on leaving the service based on a return economy ticket and for an amount of up to 1,200 Euros.
Leave: After three months of service, interns shall be entitled to leave (including sick leave) at the rate of 2.5 working days for every month of service completed.
How to Apply?
You can access the on-line application form HERE. The on-line process should concern filling in/providing Application Form, CV and Letter of Motivation. Deadline for applying is 14th April 2014.