Deadline: 13 April 2014
Open to: candidates with a university degree in political sciences or other relevant field, but can be compensated by extensive relevant NGO and/or non formal education experience
Remuneration: gross monthly salary of 3008,25 Euros, relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available, as well as travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the Platform of Youth Organisations in Europe. Independent, democratic and youth-led, it represents more than 90 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The Forum is recruiting a Institutions Coordinator. The successful candidate will work in the Policy and Advocacy department, and will report to the head of department and will be responsible to ensure the coordination of the relationships with the institutions the Youth Forum is working with.
- Coordinate the relationships of the YFJ towards the Institutions (Council of Europe and United Nations System) and bodies of the European Union (EU);
- Liaise and develop relations with different Institutions and bodies of the EU, in particular with the European Commission, the Council of the European Union, the European Parliament, the Committee of the Regions and the European Economic and Social Committee;
- Advocate the YFJ’s positions in the EU Institutions and coordinate the YFJ’s lobbying of the EU and its Member States;
- Ensure the monitoring of policies and initiatives in the different working areas of the YFJ in cooperation with the relevant staff members;
- Draft briefings, reports, working and strategy papers;
- Write articles for internal and external YFJ publications;
- Organise, run and participate in international meetings and projects and coordinate their follow-up, independently or in cooperation with institutions;
- Cooperate with YFJ Member Organisations on issues related to the EU;
- The employee accepts that, in accordance with the work rules and without prejudice to the legal provisions and regulations, the duties and responsibilities can be adapted in accordance with the needs and the organisation of the employer.
- A university degree in political sciences or other relevant field is strongly desirable but can be compensated by extensive relevant NGO and/or non formal education experience;
- Background and experience in the same type of position, being within an institution or in an NGO or as a volunteer in a youth organisation, is an asset;
- Experience with working in a multicultural environment;
- Experience in coordinating staff or volunteers;
- A proactive, critical and flexible thinker, and problem solver;
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours and on weekends, when required;
- Ability to live in Brussels or the surrounding area.
- Strong knowledge of the European Union, its structures and decision-making processes; at least basic knowledge of its most youth-relevant policies and ideally of the Council of Europe and/or United Nations System;
- Very good organisational, written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team on a common project;
- Sociable and service oriented, at ease in a multicultural environment;
- Capacity to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously, demonstrating excellent time management and organisational skills in stressful situations;
- Fluency in English and French and good writing skills in both languages;
- Computer literacy, with good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and internet applications;
- Events planning and events Management experience.
The duration of the contract is five years. The contract is full time (35 hours per week) and the gross monthly salary (for a A4 position according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is 3008,25 Euros. A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the new European Youth Forum online recruitment system.
Deadline for Applying: . 13 April 23h59 CET
How to apply with the online application system?
- Create a user account: click on “Registration” and fill in your personal details;
- Go to the “Login ” area and login with your username and password;
- Create your CV: click on “My Curriculum” in this area you will be asked to provide information on your education, experience and training’s;
- Submit your application: click on “Vacancies” you will be asked to select the call your want to apply for and to write your motivation letter.
Special note to the applicants who already applied to another vacancy through the recruitment system: If you already applied to a vacancy at the European Youth Forum, your CV is saved in our system. This means that when applying for a new position you will no longer be requested to fill in the CV part. You will only be asked to add your motivation letter. It also means that you may update your CV at any time
Interviews for this vacancy will be held during 16-17 April and the successful candidate will be expected to start in July. Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Check the official call.