Deadline: for the Doctoral Programmes – 15 April 2014, 5 pm GMT; Advance Course in Bioengineering; Executive Master in Technology Management Enterprise; MSc in Complex Transport Infrastructure Systems – 15 May 2014, 5 pm GMT; and Executive Master in Sustainable Energy Systems – 15 June 2014, 5 pm GMT
Open to: students with an international outlook seeking to develop a systems approach to their research and career development
Scholarship: 10 scholarships per year per programme provided
The MIT Portugal Program is an international partnership involving MIT and Portuguese Universities and Industry. The goal of the initiative is to strengthen the country’s knowledge base and international competitiveness through a strategic investment in people, knowledge and ideas in innovative technology sectors.
MIT Portugal Program provides world-class training – including real-world preparation for future employment – in leading-edge areas of engineering, management and policy to top students who seek to become leaders in technological innovation.
Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) and MIT Portugal Program launches the call for PhD Scholarships, taking place in Portugal and at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US (MIT), under the terms of the following international PhD Programs:
- Bioengineering Systems;
- Leaders for Technical Industries;
- Sustainable Energy Systems;
- Transportation Systems.
Applications are also open for the following advanced courses:
- Bioengineering Systems (Advanced Studies );
- Sustainable Energy Systems (Executive Masters);
- Technology Management Enterprise (Executive Masters);
- Transportation Systems (MSc).
For students with an international outlook seeking to develop a systems approach to their research and career development, these programs offer a special opportunity to engage with the best that MIT and Portugal have to offer. Read more about eligibility criteria HERE.
10 scholarships per year per program are attributed to selected candidates. HERE you can find more about the scholarship opportunities.
In order to start the application process, click HERE.
The application form prompts you to attach the following (your application will not be considered without them):
- Your CV (in English);
- Your motivation letter (in English);
- A digital copy of all your academic certificates (stating the final classification you obtained), and the respective official transcripts (listing the grade/classification of each discipline/subjects you attended during each degree). If you are on the final year of your degree, you can present the certificates and official transcripts in September 2014.
Each candidate must submit two letters of reference. Each focus area has an email address to which these letters must be sent:
- Bioengineering: [email protected];
- Sustainable Energy Systems: [email protected];
- Engineering Design and Advanced Manufacturing: [email protected];
- Transportation Systems: [email protected]
Provide your two referees with the email address for the program to which you are applying. The referees, not the applicants, must send the reference letters before the applications’ deadline and following the reference letter template. The letters should be printed on official stationery of the institution at which the referee works, and must include a URL for the institution so the affiliation can be confirmed. The letters must be signed by the referee and then attached to an email sent to one of the email addresses listed above. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that MIT Portugal receives both letters before the applications’ deadline.
Deadlines for submitting your applications:
- Doctoral Programs: January 26th – April 15th 2014, 5pm GMT;
- Advance Course in Bioengineering; Executive Master in Technology Management Enterprise; MSc in Complex Transport Infrastructure Systems (CTIS) – January 26th – May 15th 2014, 5pm GMT;
- Executive Master in Sustainable Energy Systems: February 11th – June 15th 2014, 5pm GMT.
If you have any further questions regarding the program, contact them at [email protected]