Deadline: 5 May / 15 November 2014
Open to: young researchers holding a PhD with less than 7 years of postdoctoral research experience
Fellowship: €3500 / €5000 per month
AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ are excellence-oriented programmes, accepting applications for postdoctoral fellowships from experienced international young and independent researchers in the fields of life, agricultural, nutrition, and environmental sciences. Proposals are accepted, without any topic guideline, for basic or applied sciences.
AgreenSkills’ incoming fellows are offered 1-2 year positions at a French agricultural higher education institution, including INRA and Cirad; while outgoing fellows, already employed by one of these very institutions, spend their 6-24 month mobility period at a research unit outside France. Independent researchers with 7-10 years’ experience, applying to AgreenSkills+ as incoming fellows, can be offered appointments up to a maximum of 3 years.
Incoming researchers (applying to one of Agreenium’s hosting laboratories in France) must:
- Hold a PhD (or PhD will have been awarded by mobility start date);
- Have less than 7 years’ research experience after their PhD (7-10 years for AgrennSkills+);
- Not have spent more than 12 months in France within the last 3 years immediately prior to the expected date of recruitment ;
- Be able to write and speak fluent English or French;
- Have at least 1 publication in an inter-disciplinary or specialised peer-reviewed journal;
- Have 1 publication in an inter-disciplinary or specialised peer-reviewed journal per 2 years of post-doctorate period (patents count as publications) taking into account any non-research career breaks;
- Propose a research project that is relevant to AgreenSkills’ fields of interest and that is compliant with the opinion 24 of the European Group of Ethics in Science and New Technologies.
AgreenSkills’ incoming fellowships are for a mobility period of 12 to a maximum of 24 months.
As European Union co-funded mobility programmes, AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ strive to offer their fellows competitive salary (up to approx. €3500 and €5000 per month for young and independent researchers, respectively) and career development packages, within first-rate research environments. Fellowships are tailored to meet the needs of each fellow, with a particular focus on training, networking and flexibility.
Once a candidate finds a suitable lab interested in offering a postdoctoral research position as part of the AgreenSkills programme, the candidate can submit a research project proposal through the online application system.
- 5 May 2014;
- 15 November 2014.
For more information visit the official website HERE.