Deadline: 10 June 2014
Open to: fashion designers, stylists, hair/makeup artists, writers, curators, photographers, filmmakers and illustrators, born outside the United States but currently living in that country
Awards: three prizes of $50,000 each
The Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise were established in 2009 to encourage and support young immigrants in the USA who have already demonstrated exceptional achievements and who often face significant challenges early in their careers. As with the Vilcek Prizes, the Creative Promise Prizes are awarded annually in biomedical science and in a changing category of the arts, this year recognizing accomplishments in the field of fashion.
Professionals in the following fields are encouraged to apply:
- Writer: fashion writing, including curatorial, journalistic, critical, editorial, and historical;
- Designer: including but not exclusive to textile design, womenswear, menswear, accessories, and other artifacts;
- Image Maker: including fashion photography, film, animation, and illustration;
- Stylist: including editorials, advertising campaigns, and fashion presentations;
- Makeup or hair artist: truly experimental pushing the breadth of materials used to communicate their narrative of makeup or hair;
- Curator: including exhibitions, presentations, and display through real and/or virtual environment.
To be eligible for the Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise in Fashion, applicants must have been born outside the United States, but currently being a naturalized citizen or permanent resident of the United States. The applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in this country.
Past winners or finalists of the Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise cannot apply. Besides, applicants must not be more than 38 years old as of December 31, 2013 (born on or after January 1, 1976).
The Vilcek Foundation is seeking applications for the 2015 Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Fashion to award three prizes of $50,000 each.
An online application must be submitted by 5:00pm EDT, June 10, 2014.
To begin a new application, please click here. You will be directed to register for a new account, if you do not already have one, before proceeding with the first page of the application. Please be advised that you will be required to:
- Provide personal information;
- Upload a PDF of your résumé and a PDF file with documentation of your immigration status;
- Provide direct links to work samples and reviews of your work;
- Complete three essay questions.
For further information, please visit the official website.