Deadline: 1 July 2014
Open to: European and international students
Scholarship: full financial support of £13,726 per year
Warwick University, one of the UK’s leading universities with an excellent reputation in research and teaching is offering Fully Funded PhD studentship in the field of Data Science. The program lasts 4 years and is focused on investigating links between online activity on platforms such as Google, Wikipedia, Twitter and Flickr, and human behavior in the real world.
The call for scholarships is open to European and international students fulfilling the following main criteria:
- have strong programming skills,
- have a minimum 2.1 class undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and ideally a relevant Master’s degree (or equivalent research experience in a work setting),
- have some experience with either statistics or machine learning,
- have strong interest in finding behavioral patterns in large sets of data.
All PhD students will receive an annual stipend of £13,726 plus tuition fees. International students will be required to find funding to cover the difference between home and EU fees.
Students interested in applying for the PhD programme at Warwick University should prepare the following documents:
2.Cover letter explaining their interest in this research project:
- why are you attracted to this particular opportunity,
- what qualities you feel you can bring to the project,
- how the studentship fits with your career aspirations.
3.Research proposal (2,000 word) basic on the topic of the research project.
Application deadline is 1 July 2014 and you must apply through the online applications procedure HERE.