Deadline: 2 July 2014
Open to: young university graduates coming from one of the Member States of the European Union, Iceland and Norway
Remuneration: 910 € per month
The European Maritime Safety Agency, based in Lisbon, provides technical assistance and support to the European Commission in the development and implementation of EU legislation on maritime safety, pollution by ships and maritime security.
The EMSA offers traineeships for a period of at least 3 months and a maximum of 5 months.The programme aims to provide trainees with work experience in the field of maritime safety legislation, response to pollution at sea and cooperation among member states in safety at sea matters.
In-service training enables trainees to acquire practical experience in the following areas:
- Human Resources: Human Resources & Events and Missions Support;
- Visits and Inspections: Training of Seafarers;
- Visits and Inspections: Analysis and Assessment;
- Pollution Response Services: Contract Management and Planning;
- Satellite Based Monitoring Services: LRIT Services.
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union, Iceland and Norway.However a limited number of nationals of non-Member States may also be accepted according to available resources;
- have completed the first cycle of higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date of application;
- have a very good knowledge of English and a satisfactory knowledge of a second Community language.
Trainees receive a subsistence allowance of 910 €. Recruited trainees may receive a travel allowance subject to budget availability (it will be paid at the end of the training period).
In order to apply you must submit the application form (original and copy) and one copy of your University Diploma until 2 July 2014.
The complete application should be sent by registered post to:
Vacancy reference n°: EMSA/TRAINEESHIP/2014/02
Praça Europa 4
For more information please visit the official website.