Deadline: 30 June 2014
Open to: students and young professionals between 20-32 years of age
Venue: 13 – 19 July 2014, in Neum, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Summer School ‘The Balkans Success Story – Maintaining Regional Security and Enhancing Stability’ is organised by the Atlantic Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina, in partnership with NATO Public Diplomacy Division and with the assistance of Atlantic Treaty Association.
During the summer school, following topics will be discussed:
- Integrating the Western Balkan Partner Countries into NATO;
- Regional Cooperation among the Balkan States and Sharing of Defense Capabilities;
- Unresolved Territorial Disputes and Self-Determination;
- Border Security in the Balkans;
- The Refugee Crisis and Returning Foreign Fighters;
- Engagement of Women (UNSC 1325), Diaspora and Minority Groups in Promoting Regional Stability;
- The Future of the Western Balkan States: NATO, the EU and Regional Agreements etc.
The summer school is open for all young students and professionals between 22 – 32 of age.
Successfully selected participants will be fully sponsored by the organizing committee – accommodation from 13 – 18 July, breakfast and dinner and transportation within Bosnia and Herzegovina. Participants must pay only for their own transport to and from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
You can apply at the following website. You should fill in your personal details, motivation (maximum 250 words), choose one of the working group, write short essay (maximum 500 words) explaining why the chosen working group topic is important for the Western Balkans and outline three general recommendations for furthering NATO involvement in the region. Please read all instructions carefully before registration here.
Deadline for applications 30 June 2014, at 4:00 p.m. CET.