Deadline: 3 August 2014
Open to: young people between 18 – 30 from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia and Serbia
Venue: 7 – 12 September 2014 in Belgrade, Serbia
Youth Reconciliation Ambassadors is intensive programme which includes a five-day study visit, peer to peer education, media appearances and essay publishing. The idea of this programme is to encourage multi-perspective discussions on topics relevant to the future of whole former Yugoslavia. We think that the exchange of experience between young people from neighbouring countries, which are all at different stages of transition could help form new ideas and overcome conflicts from the past. Our belief is that only by this way peaceful development of the region will be possible.
The curriculum consists of three core topics: EU Integration, History Education and process of Reconciliation in the Region. Selected participants will attend lectures and visit different types of institutions (embassies, government, universities and NGOs). After the study visit, participants will organise follow up activities – Media appearances, Discussion groups, Essays in their local communities discussing regional reconciliation and EU integrations. All successful participants are issued a certificate and honour to become the Youth Reconciliation Ambassadors in the Region.
In order to apply, you have to meet all below mentioned criteria
- Age between 18-30;
- Be a citizen/resident of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia or Serbia;
- University student, enrolled in the undergraduate, master or PhD studies or, young professional working in public sector, political party or NGO dealing with Human Rights, EU Integration or Reconciliation;
- Be able to work in the official working language – English;
- Be motivated and committed to contribute to the theme of the activity and its outcomes;
- Be available for the whole duration of the activity.
Selected participants are granted a scholarship to cover the expenses during the programme, travel costs, accommodation, food and public transportation.
Participation fee for selected participants is 20 €.
If there will be a need interviews with some or all candidates will be organised on 5 August via skype or phone call.
For further information, please visit the official website.