Deadline: 1 August 2014
Open to: individuals up to 30 years old, from any part of the world
Prize: totally €200,000 in financial support and individually tailored mentoring
Unilever is inviting young people to come up with practical and innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest sustainability challenges and enter them in the Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Awards.
Unilever is looking for scalable and sustainable products, services or applications that reduce environmental impacts, improve health and well-being or enhance livelihoods through changes in practices or behaviours. Solutions must relate to one or more of the categories listed below:
1. Improving Health & Well-Being
- water, sanitation and hygiene
2. Reducing Environmental Impact
- water scarcity
- greenhouse gases
- sustainable agriculture
3. Enhancing Livelihoods
- smallholder farmers
- opportunities for women
- micro enterprise
The competition is open to individuals 30 years old or younger, from any part of the world.
- Six finalists will receive cash prizes of €10,000, along with support and mentorship (worth €10,000);
- One winner will receive €50,000 cash prize and will be awarded the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize at a prestigious dinner event in London in January 2015 and €25,000 worth of support and mentoring.
All will benefit from exposure to a range of leading sustainability experts, entrepreneurs and investors during the process, along with recognition via Unilever’s global channels and the global networks of the University of Cambridge and Ashoka.
Application deadline is 1 August 2014.
Apply online HERE.
Seven finalists will be announced during the week of 27 October 2014. All finalists will be required to join online sessions beginning in November 2014 to develop their ideas and build their networks. Attendance is also required at the Accelerator Workshop in Cambridge, UK, and the awards dinner that same month, during which the HRH The Prince of Wales Prize will be awarded.
For further information visit the official website HERE.