Deadline: 15 July 2014
Open to: European entrepreneurs with a business idea or with their own business
Grant: 250€ per month plus travel costs
CONNECT is a programme co-funded by the European Commission that promotes the exchange of new entrepreneurs between Brazil and Europe.
The programme will select 50 highly motivated European new entrepreneurs to enroll in a business mobility scheme in Brazil. It will offer them the unique opportunity to collaborate and exchange knowledge with an experienced and successful host entrepreneur from a period of 1 to 6 months. CONNECT will launch its ﬁrst wave in 2014 and facilitate the mobility of 25 European new entrepreneurs. The second wave will take part in 2015.
The specific objectives of the programme are:
- to increase exchanges between Brazil and Europe;
- to provide on-the-job training for new entrepreneurs in small and medium-sized enterprises in Brazil and in Europe in order to facilitate a successful start-up;
- to foster sharing of experience and information between entrepreneurs on the obstacles and challenges of starting up and developing their businesses;
- to enhance market access and identiﬁcation of potential partners for new and established businesses in Brazil and in Europe.
In order to participate in CONNECT you must:
- be a permanent resident in a EU Member State or in any of the CIP participating countries (Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Macedonia, Iceland, Montenegro,Turkey, Albania, Israel and Serbia);
- have already started your own business within the last 3 years or be firmly planning to start your own business based on a concrete project ;
- be motivated and willing to collaborate with an experienced host entrepreneur in Brazil;
- have good languages skills: English,Portuguese and Spanish will be considered an advantage;
- be able to complement the programme funds as needed to cover the costs of your stay abroad.
The entrepreneurs will receive a monthly allowance of 250€. The grant also includes a lump sum of 1.000€ for the travel costs.
The deadline to apply is 15 July 2014.
The application process is online and you will be asked to upload your CV in PDF format.