Deadline: 31 July 2014
Open to: candidates with a Law degree
Remuneration: the position will be remunerated
Roma Education Fund (REF) Scholarship Program seeks to receive applications for the position of an Ombudsperson. The Ombudsperson, as a neutral third party, will familiarize himself/herself with the policies, procedures and guidelines of the Programs and help resolving potential procedural inadvertence as raised and reported by REF SP scholarship applicants.
The mandate of the Ombudsperson’s position lasts for two years. The primary task of the of the Ombudsperson is to investigate, recommend solutions, mediate disputes and monitor the implementation of the solutions proposed in relation with complaints of procedural failures related to the scholarship program that are brought to his /her attention.
- Having experience and /or being acquainted with the REF SP;
- Not having been a beneficiary, grantee, consultant or employee of REF or the Open Society Foundations for the last 3 years;
- Graduate of Law or other relevant degree;
- High level of communication and written English skills;
- Romani or other languages from the region would be an advantage;
- High level of discretion, tactfulness, and professionalism;
- Proved interpersonal and conflict management skills;
- Excellent investigative and documentation and analytical skills.
Application deadline is 31 July 2014.
Applications for the position, containing a CV/resume and a letter of intention should be sent to the Financial and Administrative Manager, Mr. Jeno Zsiga at [email protected] and to the Program Officer at the Roma Health Project, Ms. Alina Covaci at[email protected]