Deadline: 31 July 2014
Open to: candidates with an award, qualifications or experience considered to be equivalent to the RMIT degrees
Scholarship: $25,392 per annum
RMIT is a global university of technology and design offering a range of undergraduate, postgraduate and vocational degrees and diplomas. As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach. Their academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables them to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Computational topology is a young, energetic field that uses computers to solve complex geometric problems. Such computations are becoming increasingly important in mathematics, with applications in biology, physics and information sciences. The Australian Research Council funded Discovery Project will be using methods from pure and applied mathematics and computer science to build high-performance tools that for the first time will enable computers to answer complex fundamental questions.
Eligible candidates must meet RMIT’s entry requirements for the doctor of philosophy:
- A degree of master by research at RMIT, or
- A degree of master by coursework at RMIT, which includes a research program with a duration of at least one semester full-time (or part-time equivalent), or
- A bachelor degree at RMIT with a minimum of upper second class honours, or
- An award deemed to be equivalent in character and standard to the above degrees, or
- Qualifications or experience considered appropriate by the College Pro Vice-Chancellor or nominee.
The annual scholarship is valued at $25,392. It will be awarded for three years.
Applications close on Thursday, 31 July 2014.
To express your interest in this opportunity, candidates must complete an application consisting of a one page statement outlining your interest and suitability for the project, a detailed curriculum vitae, undergraduate and honours transcripts, and contact details of two referees. Submissions must be addressed to [email protected]
For further information, please visit the official website.