Deadline: 10 September 2014
Open to: research scientists working in agriculture, forestry or fisheries
Fellowship: travel costs, weekly subsistence allowance EUR 400-450
The Co-operative Research Programme (CRP) calls for applications for Research Fellowship Grants in 2015. Applications are invited from research scientists working in agriculture, forestry or fisheries and who would like to conduct research projects abroad, in another member country of the Co-operative Research Programme.
The aim of the Research Fellowships is to strengthen the international exchange of ideas and increase international mobility and co-operation among scientists working in these areas. Applications should fit into one of the three following research themes:
- The Natural Resources Challenge;
- Sustainability in Practice;
- The Food Chain.
Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of a country that currently participates in the OECD Co-operative Research Programme, and the collaborating host institution must be located in another participating country. In 2015 these are: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
Whilst candidates should hold a Ph.D. or have the equivalent expertise and/or be extensively published, priority is given to the overall scientific quality of each application considering its relevance to the Programme’s Research Themes and the Programme’s multi-disciplinary focus.
Applicants should have completed their postdoctoral training and should have a contract with their present employer that ensures their continued employment after completion of the fellowship. If this is not the case, they must prove that there is a continued on-going scientific affiliation with the former laboratory, as this ensures that the relationships established during the fellowship are put to beneficial use.
The Fellowship award consists of 3 components which collectively are called the travel lump sum allowance:
- Travel costs – calculated to cover a single return trip to and from the host laboratory and the place of domicile;
- Weekly Subsistence Allowance: currently 400 EUR or 450 EUR per week (depending on the cost of living of the host country). This subsistence allowance is to cover all normal living expenses (accommodation, food, etc.) and incidentals (daily travel to and from work etc.);
- Terminal charges: A lump sum allowance of 165 EUR is paid to cover transportation costs incurred in the taking and leaving of duties at the host laboratory.
Application deadline is 10 September 2014.
Applications must be submitted in English using the on-line application form, applicants must attach their CV and a list of their publications written during the last five years.
For further information visit the official website HERE.