Deadline: 23 July 2014
Open to: candidates in possession of a valid work permit in EU, fluent English and French and with experience in organizing events
Remuneration: paid internship
Friends of Europe is a leading think-tank that aims to stimulate thinking on key global and European political challenges. Their insightful and timely publications and animated debates provide access to sharp analysis and information. They promote the confrontation of ideas that is vital to policy-making and encourage wider involvement in Europe’s future.
- To provide support in the logistics of the events and support in team in the daily running of the office;
- To check availability venues, book and confirm requirements, contact suppliers and book their services for the events;
- To prepare cost estimates on expenditures and keeps suppliers’price listing and contacts information database updated;
- To prepare material needed for the events (badges, nameplates, documentation, signage and other material needed);
- To provide support in participant mailings and registrations for the events.
Desired profile of candidates is:
- Experience in organizing events is an asset;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French is essential;
- Hands on, organized, with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Superior computer skills with very good knowledge of Word and Excel and excellent social skills;
- Only EU nationals or non-EU nationals in possession of a valid work permit.
The internship will be paid, and will be based in Brussels for a period of 10 months, starting from September 2014.
In order to apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] indicating the position in the subject title. Application deadline is 23 July 2014.
For further information, please visit the official website.