Deadline: 18 August 2014
Open to: candidates holding degree in public administration, public policy, development, gender studies with a relevant work experience
Remuneration: paid position
Over the past years, through the regional project “Promoting Gender Responsive Polices in South-East Europe”, UN Women has provided support to national and local stakeholders in strengthening democratic governance and advancing women’s rights through initiatives aimed at mainstreaming gender in policy planning and budgeting. As result, gender responsive budgeting has increasingly been recognized as important tool for advancing gender equality in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia and the Republic of Moldova.
UN Women is seeking to recruit two National experts to undertake a comprehensive mapping of participatory processes at local level in Macedonia with the aim to identify entry points for increasing women’s participation and advancing gender equality.
- University degree in public administration, public policy, development, gender studies or similar. Master’s degree would be considered an asset;
- More than 5 years demonstrated working experience in the area of gender and public policy, particularly focusing on local governance, participatory and decentralisation processes;
- Knowledge of national gender equality and citizen’s participation commitments, participatory, policy development and budgeting processes at local level and the gender responsive budgeting initiatives in the country;
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research (desk and field) and analyses of similar nature;
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team;
- Previous experience working with international organizations;
- Excellent knowledge of Macedonian and English language.
The duration of the contract is maximum 25 working days in the period 25th August 2014-15th November 2014. The payment of fee will be made upon satisfactory completion of all tasks in the assignment, and submission and approval of final report by UN Women.
Application deadline is 18 August 2014.
Apply online HERE.
The application should contain a short letter of interest, including financial proposal, indicating a total lump sum for the delivery of outputs as per above description and a completed and signed UN Women Personal History (P-11) form
For further information read the official call HERE.